Track Racing from now to the end of 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's great to see new British riders in the medals.
The World Cup is good for spotting the next generation of riders to watch out for. And for seeing old timers like Sylvain Chavanel having fun and winning :smile:

Rasmus

Without a clever title
IMG_0756.JPG
Leftover holiday allowance + cheap tickets + hotel loyalty points needing spending = I am in Apeldoorn for the weekend!

A quiet opening session - looking forward to the proper action kicking off soon.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I was unconvinced about the changes to the omnium, and still am. I can see the attraction of fitting it in one day, but they should have maintained a sprint event instead of this weird tempo race.

The women's race was almost farcical, Wild and Kay sitting half the race just short of catching the field. When riders are backing off on the finish straight of a sprint lap your race format is not working...

The men's race was better, possibly the longer distance makes it less feasible to sit out front the whole race. Very confusing to follow, though, with lots of groups all over the track. Even the official pointing out the leader lost track at one point... Not all laps got credited to the scoreboard, so that wasn't much help.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Went to my first live pro track cycling event this afternoon with the Revolution series at Manchester Velodrome and had a brilliant time....sense of speed is so much more real in the flesh.

Highlights were Ed Clancy basically owning the field, Owain Doull putting in an amazing effort in the omnium points race and Viviani's sparkly, glittering blue bike and gold shoes. Picture doesn't do it any form of justice.

Shame the Maddison was only in the evening session, would have liked to have seen that too.

L1Y85rN.jpg

Attachments

• L1Y85rN.jpg
    L1Y85rN.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Went to my first live pro track cycling event this afternoon with the Revolution series at Manchester Velodrome and had a brilliant time....sense of speed is so much more real in the flesh.

Highlights were Ed Clancy basically owning the field, Owain Doull putting in an amazing effort in the omnium points race and Viviani's sparkly, glittering blue bike and gold shoes. Picture doesn't do it any form of justice.

Shame the Maddison was only in the evening session, would have liked to have seen that too.

L1Y85rN.jpg
Here's a picture of Viv's shoes from Gent 6 last week!

viviani.jpg

Attachments

• L1Y85rN.jpg
    L1Y85rN.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 43
Top Bottom