Track Racing from now to the end of 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uclown2002

Guru
Has this been on TV?

dragon72

Guru
If this were a bigger race, Sir Wiggins would have had a fit of the wheezes the day before, juiced up on a TUE and won. Alas, not this time.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
A few thoughts (from a track ignoramus) after that.

The Madison chase isn't anywhere near as confusing when seen in the velodrome as it is on TV. It makes perfect (well, nearly perfect) sense when you can see the whole circuit. How the hell did that event get dropped from the Olympics?
Katie Archibald ... wow. That was some procession of wins.
Does BC have a fast-track talent search program for potential star Derny riders? I've got the physical attributes (large, old, a bit daft looking).
Is Carlton Kirby actually more annoying when commentating on track than on the road, or is it simply that he's more annoying each time you hear him?

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
The Madison chase isn't anywhere near as confusing when seen in the velodrome as it is on TV. It makes perfect (well, nearly perfect) sense when you can see the whole circuit. How the hell did that event get dropped from the Olympics?

It's like all these things, it makes sense when not filtered through the view someone else wants you to have, and when you can see the whole track.

Is Carlton Kirby actually more annoying when commentating on track than on the road, or is it simply that he's more annoying each time you hear him?

Both. Actually, h'e just more annoying - no qualification needed.

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Cycling World Cup Live Friday and Saturday 7pm Eurosport and BBC red button, Sunday 3pm Eurosport and 2.30pm BBC 2

I bet Kirby follows people around the supermarket.

"Whoooaahhhh, that was close! So near to choosing the Tomato soup but he went for the Mushroom...this is blah blah blah blah"

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I bet Kirby follows people around the supermarket.

"Whoooaahhhh, that was close! So near to choosing the Tomato soup but he went for the Mushroom...this is blah blah blah blah"
I guess you're watching the tracks in Glasgow but I've got the BBC live stream cast to my telly so I've no idea what Kirby might be on about. Brotherton and co here. Anyhow, did you think the Chinese rider took out the saffer, who took out the American, who made the poor Italian hit the deck faster and harder than she can ride? I just about agree but it's close.

I guess you're watching the tracks in Glasgow but I've got the BBC live stream cast to my telly so I've no idea what Kirby might be on about. Brotherton and co here. Anyhow, did you think the Chinese rider took out the saffer, who took out the American, who made the poor Italian hit the deck faster and harder than she can ride? I just about agree but it's close.
Mrs Marmion has TV control (as fecking usual...) so I am on laptop and Eurosport - the crash all looked a bit "amateurish" and "bunchy" and could have been avoided IMO. But a sore one.

Top Bottom