Track Racing from now to the end of 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Sprinting in 3s is more fun, it was the only time I ever won races as I was always the 3rd best rider in a race so the other 2 riders sometimes didn't pay proper attention and I fecked off as they looked at each other :laugh:

No matter what the edit, on bike cameras are pointless. The only way they could make it interesting is if they got Ronnie Pickering to ride a derny.
Who?

The commentators keep saying it's "sold out" but I am sure there is a tier above the ground level which has nobody in the seats,..so "sold out" as in "it's all we put on sale"??

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The commentators keep saying it's "sold out" but I am sure there is a tier above the ground level which has nobody in the seats,..so "sold out" as in "it's all we put on sale"??
Corporate block bookings, tickets handed out to clients who suddenly remember that it's half term and the kids are pulling each other's hair out at home?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The lower tier seems full(ish), but there looks to be an entire level which is empty.
From what I remember of the Lea Valley Velodrome there's a degree of moving around (in fact some of the people I was with earlier this year moved a fair distance away thanks to an odiously child intolerant nobber in the row below) even though there was a nominal seat number on the ticket. The empty top rows will be because people have moved down.

From what I remember of the Lea Valley Velodrome there's a degree of moving around (in fact some of the people I was with earlier this year moved a fair distance away thanks to an odiously child intolerant nobber in the row below) even though there was a nominal seat number on the ticket. The empty top rows will be because people have moved down.
Is there not an entire level which is empty?

SixDayCameraLensGate

swansonj

Guru
I was there on Wednesday and the upper tier (which comes in two halves, one on each straight), whilst not full, was definitely occupied. When I heard them announce it, it was only Friday onwards they were claiming as sold out.

swansonj

Guru
Speaking of which, here's a random and very minor question - it may be the sort of thing aficionados of track racing discuss all the time but I'm only a very casual follower and don't recall seeing it mentioned:

Some riders, not just when pootling but when racing, seem to have ramrod straight backs and some very curved backs. Is there a reason? Almost the extremes seem to be Wiggins and Cavendish (this is pootling but remained true when both were sprinting):
IMG_0759.JPG

I can't help feeling the Rotherham brothers get a bit too much attention*, the crowd and Carlton seem to love them tho

*they don't seem to be able to deliver the results, but do seem to get the hype. I remember them racing in youth events a few years ago, they were "big lads" back then and even then their hype out-weighed their results.

Top Bottom