Track Racing from now to the end of 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Are they making these races up in London as they go along?

Firestorm

Veteran
Great nights entertainment
But a lot of very confused punters appeared to leave with three races to go in the belief that Cav and wiggins had finished for the night

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
What a pile of poo. As a spectator from the old Skol sixes from the late sixties and the seventies I could not believe how dumbed down the whole thing has become, it's more like Dancing on Ice than a professional sport. A DJ belting out crap music and a laser light show, plus a load of disjointed events on the track. WTF? It's supposed to be a bike race, you don't need all the lightweight froth.

The old sixes used to start with a 45 minute Madison, then the various points races, the Derny which used to have riders racing as teams with a hand sling change over at half way, the Elimination race and several other events and finish with a one hour Madison. It was absorbing stuff, but I couldn't stick this.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Great effort by Wiggins and Cav to gain the lap
I'm going mad, I think. I could have sworn I saw this race yesterday.

Sprinting in threes is much more fun.

That's partly the editor's fault. I'd have like to watch Rotherham catching the 2 riders ahead but they switched to another camera.

Sprinting in 3s is more fun, it was the only time I ever won races as I was always the 3rd best rider in a race so the other 2 riders sometimes didn't pay proper attention and I fecked off as they looked at each other :laugh:

No matter what the edit, on bike cameras are pointless. The only way they could make it interesting is if they got Ronnie Pickering to ride a derny.

Top Bottom