Track Worlds *spoiler**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
28471616_806673659532930_2872737024324486955_n.jpg

@rich p's prodigy has gone and won a medal..!!!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
View attachment 398420

@rich p's prodigy has gone and won a medal..!!!
Did you see Archibald and Nelson's gold medal madison? Stunned the Dutch completely. Magnificent riding.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I missed most of it tbh, just picked up on Mark due to FB and twitter
Maybe an indication of Olympic obsession rather than Worlds for track coverage?
Really worth watching from the very start. Americans surprised themselves into an attempt to gain a lap from the off which upped the pace. KA and EN must have got off on the early adrenaline, kept the pace up and went on to win 8 of the 12 sprints, policed the Dutch (Peters and Wild) till they looked completely dispirited, timed their sprints perfectly, while most of the field ended up laps behind. Brilliant racing. I knew Archibald had it in her but Nelson was a dead solid support to her. She surprised me in a good way. A great watch.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
It's on BBC2 now
Amazing ride!

Mike_P

Guru
Wondering if their should be a wooden spoon jersey for the cyclists that makes the biggest blunder. Some strong contenders,
- the Russian who sprinted for victory on the penultimate lap of the ladies (not sure now which) race
- Ivo Oliveira (Portugal) who having won the mens Omnium Tempo race was the second to be eliminated in the Elimination race.
- Kristine Vogel (Germany), the defending champion, who waited far too long for the rest to start racing in the ladies Keirin and left herself far too much to do,

Top Bottom