Trailers & 'BWSOW's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
@DRM

Another thought has crossed our minds
There's a 'remote'/'fob', for the alarm, with 4 buttons
It seems that one of the buttons is for the awning-light, rather like the headlamps on function on a car, as you approach it, & unlock it

We'll try to go & test that hypothesis tomorrow morning
Bit more modern than ours was, as it just had the awning light switch inside above the door, I’m guessing that if the awning light can be operated remotely perhaps the p.c.b that controls this function has failed, an on board relay is stuck shut, or a failed transistor or some such thing, alternatively is there also a PIR sensor for the awning light that can be overridden and keep the light on?

Bit more modern than ours was, as it just had the awning light switch inside above the door, I’m guessing that if the awning light can be operated remotely perhaps the p.c.b that controls this function has failed, an on board relay is stuck shut, or a failed transistor or some such thing, alternatively is there also a PIR sensor for the awning light that can be overridden and keep the light on?
We'll be going down later

No external PIR, as far as we know

Not the fob

This afternoon, after a trip to a (closed, due to electrical issues) https://www.kjbmodels.co.uk/product-category/model-railways/, we called at WandaHome (FerryBridge), the dealer we bought it from
Sadly, their 'sparkie' wasn't in, but we were told that it's not an unknown problem!
They said, they'd get him to ring us, when when was available
Their 'Sparkie' rang this morning

It's possibly an alarm fault, as the awning-light is powered from the same 'box'
He's talked us through a re-set, so we'll try that

Last edited:
Reactions: DRM
From my archives
Obviously, a Scorpio estate isn't big enough!:eek:

This was taken near (the now closed) Kendells Cycles, in Castleford
August 2006 date, on the 'file'

@DRM

It does still look, in the photo, to still have the back seat in place!
l'd have thought the owner might have directly wired the tail-lights into the 7-core for the plug?
(possibly a step too far, for Cas-Vegas though)

DRM

Guru
Looking closely the tube used for the tow hitch is held on with just one bolt through the tube and the crossmember of the car, I think a traffic police officer would have a field day with that thing!
as for the lights, you’ve more chance of having the owner explain Einstein’s theory of relativity

Looking closely the tube used for the tow hitch is held on with just one bolt through the tube and the crossmember of the car, I think a traffic police officer would have a field day with that thing!
as for the lights, you’ve more chance of having the owner explain Einstein’s theory of relativity
I was quite taken with the ineptitude of the thing, when I saw it
I'm very pleased to state, I never saw it again

Top Bottom