Trailers & 'BWSOW's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Friday 18th

‘Preparations For The Season’?

Tyre-pressures checked
Fully charged battery refitted (solar charged, at home)
A ‘look over’, & the good old ‘sniff-test’ (for damp)

All good!!:okay:

The only noticeable issue was that tyre-pressures had dropped by about 5PSI, since it went into storage in October

Take it out of storage next Wednesday
Wife & daughter away in it, till Sunday 27th
I'm delivering. pitching-up & collecting it

Last edited:

figbat

Slippery scientist
Have you fired everything up? Heating, fridge, water, cooker etc? My water system needed a small overhaul when I tested it a couple of weeks ago. I also discovered that the ignitor on the fridge needed a new battery.

970F1CD4-ADD3-4819-8685-0F52E2EC1DB1.jpeg

https://maustinpark.com/

Have you fired everything up? Heating, fridge, water, cooker etc? My water system needed a small overhaul when I tested it a couple of weeks ago. I also discovered that the ignitor on the fridge needed a new battery.
The water pump's not playing fair!

We even borrowed one from someone else on site, so that precludes the pump itself
Presumably, somewhere along the line, the 12V supply to it; isn't working

DRM

Guru
Try cleaning the terminals at the caravan exterior, ours used to play up first time out after winter, cleaning the terminals sorted it

I forgot!!!
The area's inundated with Red Kites!
I have no idea whether they're nesting in the Harewood Estate, or fly over from Bramham Park (I've seen them there a few times, as a family friend has his own caravan there)
Big birds!

Try cleaning the terminals at the caravan exterior, ours used to play up first time out after winter, cleaning the terminals sorted it
We did that yesterday with an emery board, to no effect

Wife rang me earlier, to tell me that 'Dr Google' diagnosed it
Apparantly, there's a white box under the offside front seat (240 - 12v transformer??) & that had blown a fuse

Now they have hot-water

It still leaves me 'in the bad books' for filling the cistern, on arrival, with (diluted) 'blue' that goes in the toilet-tank:blush::blush:

DRM

Guru
I forgot!!!
The area's inundated with Red Kites!
I have no idea whether they're nesting in the Harewood Estate, or fly over from Bramham Park (I've seen them there a few times, as a family friend has his own caravan there)
Big birds!

We did that yesterday with an emery board, to no effect

Wife rang me earlier, to tell me that 'Dr Google' diagnosed it
Apparantly, there's a white box under the offside front seat (240 - 12v transformer??) & that had blown a fuse

Now they have hot-water

It still leaves me 'in the bad books' for filling the cistern, on arrival, with (diluted) 'blue' that goes in the toilet-tank:blush::blush:
Oh dear, you’re going to be popular, xx(glad the pumps sorted

Oh dear, you’re going to be popular, xx(glad the pumps sorted
As always......................:rolleyes:

figbat

Slippery scientist
Nice result today - the roller blind on the toilet window had lost tension and was impossible to open without getting rucked up. I went out to measure it in anticipation of replacing it but as I studied it it noticed it was easy to remove… so I did. Then I studied the mechanism, removed the roller, freed the sticky tensioning setup, reassembled it, retensioned it and boom…. it works perfectly and I don’t need to replace it for £90.

D

Deleted member 26715

Nice result today - the roller blind on the toilet window had lost tension and was impossible to open without getting rucked up. I went out to measure it in anticipation of replacing it but as I studied it it noticed it was easy to remove… so I did. Then I studied the mechanism, removed the roller, freed the sticky tensioning setup, reassembled it, retensioned it and boom…. it works perfectly and I don’t need to replace it for £90.
You're showing your age trying to repair something before consigning it to the bin.

figbat

Slippery scientist
You're showing your age trying to repair something before consigning it to the bin.
I can’t help it! I’ll admit that as I was dismantling it I was expecting a ‘twang’ and a load of springs and pawls to go flying off to another dimension, but it turns out it is quite a simple mechanism and nicely designed for overhaul.

DRM

Guru
I can’t help it! I’ll admit that as I was dismantling it I was expecting a ‘twang’ and a load of springs and pawls to go flying off to another dimension, but it turns out it is quite a simple mechanism and nicely designed for overhaul.
Iirc the tension can be adjusted with a screw driver at the side of blind, losing tension was why ours never got left down over winter

figbat

Slippery scientist
Yes it can, if the spring rod turns freely in the tension ratchet, but this one had seized so the tensioning didn’t work until I’d freed it up. Also the tensioning slot on the blind frame is up against an internal wall so I can’t access it in situ anyway.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Yes it can, if the spring rod turns freely in the tension ratchet, but this one had seized so the tensioning didn’t work until I’d freed it up. Also the tensioning slot on the blind frame is up against an internal wall so I can’t access it in situ anyway.

Top Bottom