Training Tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Spare wheels don’t need to be expensive. Just get a cheap no name wheel. It’s not like it has to be aero to be able to stand up to the rigours of British roads. Think the wheel I got was about £40, then got turbo tyre in sale for £20. Still using the same 5 years after I got them. Turbo hasn’t seen enough use yet to wear the cassette to point of replacement. It’s not like turbo rides are long ones is it?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Spare wheels don’t need to be expensive. Just get a cheap no name wheel. It’s not like it has to be aero to be able to stand up to the rigours of British roads. Think the wheel I got was about £40, then got turbo tyre in sale for £20. Still using the same 5 years after I got them. Turbo hasn’t seen enough use yet to wear the cassette to point of replacement. It’s not like turbo rides are long ones is it?

using an old wheel myself

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
When I had a wheel on turbo I used a random old wheel. Unfortunately the frrehub was knackered so I had to buy a new one, and also a new cassette. So not quite as cheap and cheerful as I planned.

Top Bottom