Transcontinental Race 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
They are estimating just before midnight and you can bet he will be pushing to get in before midnight.
I should know this but is that midnight CET (departure point) or Turkish time, which I gather is an hour in front.

Meanwhile, 93km.

This is thrilling. I mean, 1st and 2nd are all but guaranteed (barring misfortune) but the races for 3rd and 10th are looking like being very close indeed.

Major kudos to everyone taking part. Sorely tempted by 2016 but I haven't the stamina to even map a route that long never mind ride it :heat:
I do feel bad for the riders in northwest Italy though. There's no way they're making the cutoff.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
23'C even in the middle of the night.

Wait, who is 173a? Is flying from Ljubljana to Istanbul airport not against the rules? :ohmy:
Yes, they've scratched but have flown to be there for Josh's arrival. I assume he's gone out on public transport to the arrival point because there's no way he's going to cycle 23km before Josh finishes his 13 final km.

He's done it. Tracker not updated yet. Final time 9 Days, 23 Hours, 54 Minutes.

What an incredible effort.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
He's done it. Tracker not updated yet. Final time 9 Days, 23 Hours, 54 Minutes.

What an incredible effort.
And he looks pretty fresh too! Bit mucky but fresh.
CLhDd_3XAAMbqnm.jpg

Congratuadulations to that chap!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I see 29 Lee Pearce is on his way South again after doing CP 4 before CP3. He is in Serbia now and looks good for a top 20 finish.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
There are plenty of dots to watch now.

I am watching 44 Lionel Bobb who has just arrived in Split. He now has to ride up to CP3 before riding to Istanbul and I am shouting for him. If I was doing this ride I might have got to Ventoux by now. If you come first or last it is a fantastic achievement to get up each morning and head in the right direction.

At least Lionel is getting his £165 worth. To get up and carry on when you know everyone is ahead of you is inspirational.

Top Bottom