Transcontinental Race 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crazyjoe101

There are two riders from my club on this, amazing stuff really.

OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
What are their numbers ? make it interesting to watch others progress , I'm following a chap I met in Marrakech, No 91

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
2015_0724_18444100-1024x1024.jpg

A curious combination of space-age aerodynamic luggage carrier and lashings of gaffer tape for all the other stuff on Ultan Coyle's TT machine. I wonder whether something a little more flexible and a little less aero would have been more useful for awkward shaped kit.

OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
Seems to work for him , agreed , a very odd combo indeed!
2015_0724_18444100-1024x1024.jpg

A curious combination of space-age aerodynamic luggage carrier and lashings of gaffer tape for all the other stuff on Ultan Coyle's TT machine. I wonder whether something a little more flexible and a little less aero would have been more useful for awkward shaped kit.

Just been reading the website, bloody hell! How do they go so far for so long, utterly amazing.
@zigzag of this parish decided to do this challenge in 2013, with the forum's 'vocal' support. :smile: Rimas is a great cyclist with a tough mentality - proven by this and many other rides passim. The Challenge is worth following because it can be tracked and everyone's effort is available...to help one imagine what is going on. Incredible undertaking by a select troupe. Kristoff Allagaert, who 'won' in 2013 and Juliana Bbbbb? (can't remember) displayed outstanding strength - as did all the riders, and it was an interesting spectacle.Who remembers the little tent shapes...waiting for them to move on again?
The Thread
Go Rimas!
Rimas' account - the sensible report! :smile:
Rimas Grigenas Does Istanbul

Good luck to all the participants.

Last edited:

zigzag

Veteran
thank you @Aperitif, some amazing memories from the ride and i was astounded to find the thread i started on here turning into such a positive place sending good energy to all the riders. i kept myself isolated from virtual world and social media during the race (living in a moment ;) ) and when i finished i spent hours reading the well wishes and feeling grateful to be a part of such a fantastic community.

best of luck to all tcr'15 riders turning those pedals day and night, who will eventually find themselves in istanbul in a week or two - enjoy the journey!

on another note, i am hoping to see some of you on friday!!

OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
chapeau @zigzag , heard about the race after the event last year sadly.This years rider 91 I have ridden the Marrakech Atlas Etape with, and .... Dot watching is addictive when you actually know someone whose taking part, and you tend to share their journey with them to a degree. Reading the blogs and seeing the pics over the course of this weekend has been amazing ! Im sorely tempted to have a crack at next years event , life time experience and so many different bus shelters to sleep in ^_^

Top Bottom