Transcontinental Race 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
22:00 Day 6 Glasgow Boy Jim Cameron is just crossing into Slovenia

Your Jim is a bit of a saint too , helping out a fellow rider , who's been hospitalized after an RTA, good man

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It's all gone a bit weird again.

I saw at about midnight last night that Josh took a wrong turn after leaving CP4 but he is on his way to Istanbul now.

I thought James was resting in Kotor before climbing to CP4 but it now appears he is heading North away from Istanbul and has not been to CP4. It looks as though he has lost his way for the moment.

It's beginning to look as though Josh has tipped the scales.

Emily is still going it looks like she is snacking in Postojna, Slovenia, this morning.

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Martin McConnell posted about his injuries following his RTA.

I've got new bling! I'm now on the mend from this lot: the total damage is in order of severity: Fractured D12 spinal vertebrae and surrounding disks 3 pelvic fractures Pulmonary odeama and trauma Liver contusion Kidney contusion Spleen contusion Fractured left fibula (leg) And chipped teeth Not a bad haul Not a bad haul So many people have been absolutely amazing! There support has got me through to the start of healing up! You are all angels! Thank you all!!!

Get well soon Martin.

OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
Josh has got this in the bag me thinks, James has balls but is suffering . Lee pearce and gareth baines is the race race within a race im watching though . Different tactics and curious to see where finally place in Istanbul

OP
OP
clid61

clid61

Veteran
In other news my mate rider 91 Jon Kelley is going great guns ! nearly at CP3

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Emily has scratched too. In hospital in Ljubljana because of chest pains.:sad:

Meanwhile, Josh is at the Bulgarian border, a whole country ahead of his nearest rival.

Yes I have just read about Emily on Twitter. She seems chirpy enough. No pun intended :0)

She is new at this ultra game and Im sure she has learnt loads. A fantastic achievement.

No women finishers this year.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Josh is in Turkey with just over 225km to go. Alexandre (596km) is still in Macedonia, meaning there's the whole length of Bulgaria between them. Barring mishaps.....

MiK1138

Veteran
I now have Josh at 115k from the end, If he can sustain his current pace i reckon he should hit Istanbul about 10:00 10:30 Uk time time tonight. coming in at just under 10 days, that's exceptional riding

Top Bottom