Transcontinental Race 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The Transcontinental Race No8 is due to start on the 24th july 2022.....with a bit of luck.

The TCR has been cancelled in the past 2 years due to Covid restrictions. It seems really strange to think I was on the start line for TCR7, because it seems so long ago. I would not be at all suprised to if the application process opens again to fill in the places of those who signed up 2 years ago, but decide not to ride.

The race is going from Geraardsbergen, Brussels to Burgas in Bulgaria, where No7 started from.

https://www.transcontinental.cc/

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Are you going to apply again?

frank9755

Cyclist
I'm hoping to make it to the start line for another shot. I've got a place but, to get there, I need to fix a knee niggle which has dragged on for the last 18 months.

In 2019 I had to stop in Austria with the start of Shermer's neck. I still had over half the race to go so no chance of getting to the end safely. Or quickly.

I say this every year but the route this year looks harder. From a first look I think it is slightly longer than last time (130km) but much hillier (8000m). Its as hilly as when I did it in 2016 but 400km longer, so another day and a bit for most riders.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The TCR starts from Gerrardsbergen, Belgium for the:ohmy: 5th time at 10pm on Sunday 24th July. It is heading for Bugas, Bulgaria. Burgas was the start of the last TCR.

I will be watching 132 James Houston on his new Brompton. James completed the Pan Celtic last week on a Brompton. He has also completed the Transatlantic Way. This will be the third start in the TCR for a Brompton and James certainly has the long distance experience to get the first one to the finish line. If not. I will have to go and try again next year. ^_^

https://www.followmychallenge.com/live/tcrno8/

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
All the very best to all riders and especially so to the CCers on here. Epic stuff :bicycle::thumbsup:

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Frank is 155. Best of luck Frank.

Screenshot_20220724-070350_Chrome.jpg

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
They’ve only just started and the field is already spread all over the place. Lots of different routes being taken.

Top Bottom