Transcontinental Race 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
interesting light mounting - appears to have a bracket attached to the canti post mount? never seen that before, but its a super position for a light, a bit light the front fork brackets of old.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Wonder how far he'll get before he realises he's forgotten his pedals.
look again......
1658740308998.png

Ajax Bay

Guru
Wonder how far he'll get before he realises he's forgotten his pedals.
With a little more visual acuity/attention you would see he has Crank Brothers eggbeaters (or similar) fitted.
I am surprised he manages to avoid the bar-end mirror interfering with his right knee, but perhaps the bars are flared and we can't 'see' that'.
Rear mudguard but not a front one.
Anyway; the best of luck to him and all.

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
With a little more visual acuity/attention you would see he has Crank Brothers eggbeaters (or similar) fitted.

Clipless is new for Frank.(not new, new.. he used to ride clipless a good few years back, but swapped to flats for long distance)

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I am surprised he manages to avoid the bar-end mirror interfering with his right knee, but perhaps the bars are flared and we can't 'see' that'.
I use of those mirrors (looks like a Sprintech mirror). Don't recall ever having any knee interference issues. I don't use flared bars. I normally use just one (right in UK left abroad, but have on occasion used two - on the ferry ). Of course my personal geometry is totally different so he may have interference problems.

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
is it me or is the dot map very confusing regarding who is "leading"

1658749816040.png

ignoring the female and pairs class for a minute, the men (green markers) the number showing is their race number, fine, But like number 50 is in 41st, 232 is 200th, 159 a bit behind him on the road is in 136th??? To the north, 92 apparently in 77th, yet a 161 is in 138th ???

WTF? someone explain to me if you can....

Last edited:
is it me or is the dot map very confusing regarding who is "leading"

View attachment 654319
ignoring the female and pairs class for a minute, the men (green markers) the number showing is their race number, fine, But like number 50 is in 41st, 232 is 200th, 159 a bit behind him on the road is in 136th??? To the north, 92 apparently in 77th, yet a 161 is in 138th ???

WTF? someone explain to me if you can....

It's not difficult - they are cap numbers, like rider numbers in a bike race.
(or a running race. Or football match, or ... etc ... etc .. )
So Fiona is given No1, and keeps that number until the end of the race.

p.s. no-one is really "leading" until they check into CP1, due to taking different routes.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
It's not difficult - they are cap numbers, like rider numbers in a bike race.
(or a running race. Or football match, or ... etc ... etc .. )
So Fiona is given No1, and keeps that number until the end of the race.

p.s. no-one is really "leading" until they check into CP1, due to taking different routes.
yes I just told you that..:laugh::laugh:
the men (green markers) the number showing is their race number
However what i am actually asking is this position number

1658754079058.png

I don't buy that the only judge position at check points, because they are so few check points and it would be blank, not saying 41st 202nd etc etc etc.

You can quite easily get the dot software to measure distance to next checkpoint from current position, but there is clearly more at work that that because that visually isn't consistent with how those positional number are appearing

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
If you click on 'Leaderboard' you can see how many km they have ridden: some in high 400s and #100 Strasser at 500+ and #50 Barthelmoes at 600+ . But this seems infeasible given they started at 2200 CET Sunday.
[Bloody numbers seem to keep changing.]

I don't buy that the only judge position at check points, because they are so few check points and it would be blank, not saying 41st 202nd etc etc etc.

You can quite easily get the dot software to measure distance to next checkpoint from current position, but there is clearly more at work that that because that visually isn't consistent with how those positional number are appearing

They've ridden on different routes. So it's not that simple. And without knowing their future route, you can't predict how far they are from the next checkpoint.
(That is the reality - I have no idea what numbers that website has been designed to display. Whatever, it does not determine the overall finishing positions, so is just a trivial debate :smile: )

Top Bottom