Transcontinental Race 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The north and south group are slowly coming together on the other side.
Not a single rider was brave/foolish enough to go straight over the high ground.
The outliers who take ridiculously circuitous routes always make me smile. There’s a Finnish rider so far north it makes me wonder if he is heading home.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
There’s a Finnish rider so far north it makes me wonder if he is heading home.

It’s to get more daylight riding in.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Cristoph , Fiona, and Michael are clearly top 3 at moment with Michael (Broadwith) making ground

81536C6F-ABFF-4B78-A46E-50BCB605D03B.jpeg

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
700km in the first 24 hours.

It’s superhuman as a one off. But unbelievable to think they have to do it again and again sleeping in bus shelters and eating on the fly.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
is it me or is the dot map very confusing regarding who is "leading"
ignoring the female and pairs class for a minute, the men (green markers) the number showing is their race number, fine, But like number 50 is in 41st, 232 is 200th, 159 a bit behind him on the road is in 136th??? To the north, 92 apparently in 77th, yet a 161 is in 138th ???

WTF? someone explain to me if you can....

The visible numbers are entry numbers.
Fiona Kolbinger gets No. 1, on account of winning last year, and I suppose the others are just in order of sending their entries in.
Currently, the riders are just ordered in order of entry number, and that's what you get as the position, so entrant no. 50 shows as 41st because there were 9 riders with lower entry numbers who didn't start or who have packed.
It's all a bit more obvious if you look at the full list on the "Details" tab.

Whether the rider sequence will change after riders pass through the next control remains to be seen.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Kolbinger has headed that bit further south to allow her finish the leg by tracking ENE up the Czech valley to the south of the Ore mountain range, through Karlovy Vary.
@T4tomo "The leaderboard currently is ranked in cap number order, so be sure to hit the "Distanz" column to re-order according to distance [ridden]." And bear in mind that a rider who's ridden further may not be closer to CP1.

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Fiona and Michael and Christoph both slept around 5 hours, whilst some other riders have slipped past closer to CP1. Robin (197) has an interesting approach to the parkours of CP1. I guess he’s going to ride a section of it both ways.

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Kolbinger has headed that bit further south to allow her finish the leg by tracking ENE up the Czech valley to the south of the Ore mountain range, through Karlovy Vary.
@T4tomo "The leaderboard currently is ranked in cap number order, so be sure to hit the "Distanz" column to re-order according to distance [ridden]." And bear in mind that a rider who's ridden further may not be closer to CP1.

Yes quite interesting that of the leading pack she's the only one doing that. She's obviously having a snooze as hasn't moved forward much (or her tracker hasnt updated, ditto Broadwith & Strasser, its a marathon not a sprint!

I guess he’s going to ride a section of it both ways.
Indeed - I assume he has to ride the full section, but I guess its similar "elevation gain and loss" to crossing that range of hills slightly further SW such as where no 50 Ulrich is, although psychologically a tad different in descending a climb you have to re-climb.

Last edited:
Fiona and Michael and Christoph both slept around 5 hours, whilst some other riders have slipped past closer to CP1.

Mike Broadwith has the most stopped time of the front runners I've checked - almost 8h! If that is almost all sleep, he's in a strong position.

Also sleeping a lot is WIll Vousden in 6th place on distance. An old riding buddy before he emigrated to Germany - I have his shelving and bike-stand in my garage :cheers:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Meanwhile Alan Parkinson seems to be preferring B roads whilst Richard Lake is being more adventurous on the white roads. Joss Ridley doing well. A few with audax background taking part.

Top Bottom