Transfers and rumours 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
They treat him like a god in that neck of the woods
Could be a good last big payday for him.

U

User169

Van Aert has terminated his contract. Looks like he may be off to Lotto-Jumbo.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
That raises many questions: Any leadout or captain going with him? Is Nibali off or will it be a divided team? Divided within a race or GC some races and sprinting others?
It can be done. Enric Mas and Viviani for instance.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Although it's not like they're blessed with top-level pure sprinters, so maybe they need him as much as he needs them.
Debusschere, Hofland are second rate so Adam B won't be out of place!
They could have held onto Greipel, if they wanted to, presumably?

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Debusschere, Hofland are second rate so Adam B won't be out of place!
They could have held onto Greipel, if they wanted to, presumably?

Greipel is over-the-hill though, isn't he? Definitely doesn't have the top speed he used to have.

Debusschere... not really a 'pure' sprinter, is he? I think of him as more the kind of rider who can win races from a small bunch in the one-day classics.

I forgot about Hofland - which is easily done...

Will be interesting to see how Blythe gets on at Lotto-Soudal anyway. Suspect he's unlikely to be causing the likes of Gaviria or Groenewegen any serious trouble but it's good that he's getting another opportunity at the top level.

I have the impression that WVA was doing the right thing by Williams-Crelan up to the moment that the Aqua Blie saga started. he realised there was a way out of the contract and the possibility of starting with Jumbo next year. It has now all got a bit messy.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Rumour: Young Swiss prospect, Gino Mäder, who won two mountain stages in the Tour de l'Avenir, is rumoured to be going to Dimension Data.

Top Bottom