Transfers and rumours 2019

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by smutchin, 25 Jul 2018.

1. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

I know the Tour is still on and the transfer window isn't open yet, but Lotto Soudal have gone early with this news...

View: https://twitter.com/Lotto_Soudal/status/1020996988207235072

No news yet on where Greipel will end up next but Marcel Seiberg is on his way to Bahrain-Merida and speculation is that Greipel will follow him.

Bollo likes this.
  2. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

Does not sound like a friendly exit at all.

3. OP
    OP
    smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

It's a very 'diplomatic' statement. From what I can gather, the falling out is over the terms of his contract, which was due for renewal.

Milkfloat likes this.
  4. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

I don't suppose anyone is falling over themselves to throw barrowloads of dosh at Greipel, Cav or Kittel any more.
    Kittel's relative fall from top dog is the most surprising.

Crackle and smutchin like this.
  5. Bollo

Bollo Failed Tech Bro

Greipel has done well to be competitive for so long but Cav's situation is more difficult. I've read in a few places that Katusha has big problems with rider cliques, egos and DS fallings out. Tony Martin also unhappy.

Here's one of the stories...
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/marcel-kittel-im-100-percent-with-katusha-alpecin-in-2019/

rich p, Crackle and smutchin like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

He still has great hair though.

This year feels like a bit of a changing of the guard in the sprints. Groenewegen and Gaviria are unquestionably the fastest men in the peloton now.

Ally Hodge will be one to keep an eye on next season, though he might need to move teams to get his opportunities as he'll still be behind Gaviria and Viviani in the pecking order - can I start the rumour right now that he's off to Lotto Soudal to replace Greipel?

Bollo likes this.
  7. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

I don't think greipel will struggle to find a new team, as said kittel is the most surprising with his form /performance , I agree with @smutchin , it does feel a bit , out with the old , in with the new this season, just as it has happened many times before , there is always someone comes along to take your crown, its inevitable

8. rich p

There's another young Colombian sprinter on the up too. Can't remember his name.

9. OP
    OP
    smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

Ally Hodge (aka Alvaro Hodeg)

Or is there another one?

rich p likes this.
  10. rich p

^_^ I was just about to google Hodge!
    ...á la Alan Phillips...

Bollo, roadrash, BrumJim and 2 others like this.
  11. OP
    OP
    smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

BMC is becoming CCC next season. GVA has signed a new contract. Guillaume Van Keirsbulck is joining him.

Porte is off to Trek-Segafredo, which I think we all knew already. Rohan Dennis is joining Bahrain Merida, and Juergen Roelandts is going to Movistar.

Rumour is that the sponsor wants to bring in Majka as GC man.

12. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

The cycling podcast said the Yates twins have extended at Michel ton Scott for another two years and that it's suspected G had already extended with Sly.

smutchin likes this.
  13. brommers

brommers Years beyond my wisdom

CycleChat Cycling?

14. OP
    OP
    smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

Obviously the advertising is working out well for @Shaun ^_^

brommers likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

ISTR hearing something earlier in the year that being allowed a tilt at the Tour was part of his conditions for extending his contract. If that's true, it has worked out rather nicely for all concerned.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice