Transfers and rumours 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Does not sound like a friendly exit at all.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I don't suppose anyone is falling over themselves to throw barrowloads of dosh at Greipel, Cav or Kittel any more.
Kittel's relative fall from top dog is the most surprising.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I don't suppose anyone is falling over themselves to throw barrowloads of dosh at Greipel, Cav or Kittel any more.
Greipel has done well to be competitive for so long but Cav's situation is more difficult. I've read in a few places that Katusha has big problems with rider cliques, egos and DS fallings out. Tony Martin also unhappy.

Here's one of the stories...
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/marcel-kittel-im-100-percent-with-katusha-alpecin-in-2019/

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer

He still has great hair though.

This year feels like a bit of a changing of the guard in the sprints. Groenewegen and Gaviria are unquestionably the fastest men in the peloton now.

Ally Hodge will be one to keep an eye on next season, though he might need to move teams to get his opportunities as he'll still be behind Gaviria and Viviani in the pecking order - can I start the rumour right now that he's off to Lotto Soudal to replace Greipel?

I don't think greipel will struggle to find a new team, as said kittel is the most surprising with his form /performance , I agree with @smutchin , it does feel a bit , out with the old , in with the new this season, just as it has happened many times before , there is always someone comes along to take your crown, its inevitable

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
There's another young Colombian sprinter on the up too. Can't remember his name.

Ally Hodge (aka Alvaro Hodeg)

Or is there another one?

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
BMC is becoming CCC next season. GVA has signed a new contract. Guillaume Van Keirsbulck is joining him.

Porte is off to Trek-Segafredo, which I think we all knew already. Rohan Dennis is joining Bahrain Merida, and Juergen Roelandts is going to Movistar.

Rumour is that the sponsor wants to bring in Majka as GC man.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
it's suspected G had already extended with Sly

ISTR hearing something earlier in the year that being allowed a tilt at the Tour was part of his conditions for extending his contract. If that's true, it has worked out rather nicely for all concerned.

Top Bottom