Transition from commuter to road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is it ment to be dam uncomfortable :angry:
Pick up the road bike yesterday carrera tdf and tried few 2 mile runs and dam its uncomfortable compared to the subway with achey legs and nagging knees.
I have spent the day tweaking the seat height and forward postion going by a few guides on the net and just managed a 5 mile run at great speed :biggrin: and I think I am starting to get used to it though my testicles have packed up and left town ;)

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Got some proper cycling shorts haven't you?

They'll be back when they realise the rest of you is having so much fun on a bike!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Gearing is generally higher on road bikes. Have you noticed if you're pushing a harder gear or just going faster at all? It will take a week or 2 to get used to the different position also.

;)

OP
OP
captainhastings
Sittingduck said:
Gearing is generally higher on road bikes. Have you noticed if you're pushing a harder gear or just going faster at all? It will take a week or 2 to get used to the different position also.

:sad:

Yea pushing harder and going faster so as you say give it a couple of weeks :biggrin:

threebikesmcginty said:
Got some proper cycling shorts haven't you?

They'll be back when they realise the rest of you is having so much fun on a bike!

lol no shorts yet I might get a pair that go under track suite bottoms

Garz

Squat Member
Padded shorts and/or a decent seat are a worthy investment if your finding it harsh. Any longer journeys it's a must im afraid!

MajorMantra

terryd said:
lol no shorts yet I might get a pair that go under track suite bottoms

That would be better than nothing but best of all is to wear shorts and nothing elses. You can get mtb baggy shorts if you can't bear the thought of lycra, though the latter is better.

Matthew

Top Bottom