Tranvestites and bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Galileo Galileo...

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I think Google misled them to CC, probably not what they expected.
Their first post was 11/09, they made 4 posts before they joined in this thread. Do you think they were expecting a forum dedicated to transvestites that ride bikes or a fun and friendly cycling forum that would be inclusive?

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Somewhere were they didn't get pointlessly mocked? By the Fun and Friendly local Gammon Gang ?
I am aware of a certain thread drift - inevitable perhaps, it's a conversational forum, but I am not aware of any mockery, at least not anything remotely offensive. I was a tad surprised to get an alert telling me that there was new activity on a thread I opened ages ago, but what I see is a lot of time for/respect for/affection for the bod who wrote the original article.

I well remember a few years ago getting into a conversation with a retired copper from Rochdale in St James' Park London about Grayson Perry * and bike bits - can't remember why - maybe because I was strolling with my bike. He was a fan and had trained it down to London partly to see a small exhibition by him at the National Portrait Gallery.

* Momentary brain warp meant I had forgotten his name - didn't want to scroll upthread in case I screwed something - so I opened a new tab and googled "transvestite potter" and up the required info (and pics) popped - maybe that makes me a bad unreconstructed person?

Don't understand the "gammon" reference - feel free to educate me.

Drago

Legendary Member
Only other post by me, in this thread was aimed at Drago.

You bullying me again? Just wait until i tell the mods!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Their first post was 11/09, they made 4 posts before they joined in this thread. Do you think they were expecting a forum dedicated to transvestites that ride bikes or a fun and friendly cycling forum that would be inclusive?
5 actually, one was so cryptic I thought it was spam.
Yes, a forum dedicated to transvestites that ride bikes would, by definition, be inclusive.
CC is dedicated to all that have an interest in bikes.
Expect some mockery.
Btw, OP is still with us :hello:
EDIT:
OP is @Blue Hills, I meant Ena.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm confused Pat. Ena is showing as a "guest". It took some stones to talk about that sort of thing, so it would be a shame if he has left us already.

swansonj

Guru
I'm confused Pat. Ena is showing as a "guest". It took some stones to talk about that sort of thing, so it would be a shame if he has left us already.
It would indeed be a shame, and your earlier interactions with him seemed non-judgemental... but don’t you think the Lederhosen comment was then not necessarily the best way to show understanding?

Top Bottom