Treat 'em Mean - keep 'em Keen ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Have you ever do/ne this :evil:

Are you a victim of this..:evil:

Would you like to change your role to 'not be taken advantage of' :bicycle:

Or do you feel a little 'control' of the other would be advantageous :stop:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
This question seems to be directed at the males on this forum, perhaps you would like the female perspective.

I assume here, correct me if I am wrong, that you are talking about how to treat your girlfriend. I think that most women, if you treated them "mean" as you put it, would soon get fed up with being treated like that and would find someone who treated them with respect. So you will put off the friendly genuine ladies that you meet by treating them badly.

Then you say about "not wanting to be taking advantage of". If you treat some one badly in the vain hope of keeping them interested, then you are taking advantage of them.

Is someone trying to get you to do things that you do not want to do?
You want to go out on your cycle in the Chain gangs, and she wants you to take her out somewhere? Just explain how important cycling is to you, and suggest a better time for taking her where she would like to go.

You also mention in another thread, that sometimes you feel "not right" - are the two connected in some way?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
we have two cats, one that is constantly in your face, the other is very aloof (at least until the kids go to bed). it feels a real honour to have the aloof one on your lap. he knows how to play us…

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Speicher said:
This question seems to be directed at the males on this forum, perhaps you would like the female perspective.

I assume here, correct me if I am wrong, that you are talking about how to treat your girlfriend. I think that most women, if you treated them "mean" as you put it, would soon get fed up with being treated like that and would find someone who treated them with respect. So you will put off the friendly genuine ladies that you meet by treating them badly.

Then you say about "not wanting to be taking advantage of". If you treat some one badly in the vain hope of keeping them interested, then you are taking advantage of them.

Is someone trying to get you to do things that you do not want to do?
You want to go out on your cycle in the Chain gangs, and they want you to take them out somewhere? Just explain how important cycling is to you, and suggest a better time for taking them where they would like to go.

You also mention in another thread, that sometimes you feel "not right" - are the two connected in some way?

Speicher this isnt a pyscho-analytical verifical observation you know :?:

BTW - it can be done by EITHER sex too ! :smile:

NB: There are some very very strong will'ed ladies around you know !!!!!

AND no its not related...

Just real life, most of which I do keep to myself!

Umm no I'm far too nice. :smile:
And if someone does it to me i just get very hurt and then end up thinking they're a tw@t.
But it's a long time since I got involved in any of that stuff and I was never much good at it first time round. Wouldn't like to have to go 'dating' again - far too scary.

Will1985

Über Member
Speicher said:
Just explain how important cycling is to you, and suggest a better time for taking her where she would like to go.

Or just don't get involved in the first place - more money to spend on your true love :smile:

Cathryn said:
Never play games!!! That's my rule.

Wot not even Monopoly or scrabble :wacko:

IGMC

yello

I'm a bit mean to one of our dogs sometimes but only because he's wilfully stupid! My wife tells me 'he is only a dog' but I still can't help getting angry.

I'm not naturally a mean (as in aggressive) person so for me to be mean would require a bit of play acting... and that'd be seen through in instant! It's far easier to be honest and be who you are, whatever that might result in. The minute you start playing games (except consensual ones :wacko:) is the same minute your relationship begins to end.

longers

Legendary Member
I don't/won't play games in relationships - I wouldn't want anyone to do that to me so why would I do it to them?

Seeing as other people are talking pets, I will too :wacko:.

The dog loves a slap. She'll play up when we're messing about until I call her over and give her a friendly slap in the ribs - then she's happy :blush:. She can be right out of sorts until she gets a wallop.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
yenrod said:
Speicher this isnt a pyscho-analytical verifical observation you know :biggrin:

BTW - it can be done by EITHER sex too ! ;)

NB: There are some very very strong will'ed ladies around you know !!!!!

AND no its not related...

Just real life, most of which I do keep to myself!

Oh dear, here was me thinking I was on Psychol Chat. ;)

Top Bottom