Treated For The Wrong Condition. Possibly!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As others have said, Classic, I hope all comes good for you as soon as possible. This must have affected you life in so many ways.
My wife had been treated for stomach and duodenal ulcers for several years in the 1980's (but no-where near 50!!) but was finally diagnosed with a gut infection that cleared up after a short spell on antibiotics.
I know this was posted a long time ago, but the link between helicobacter pylori and stomach ulcers was only discovered in the mid eighties, by a very brave scientist, so your wife was probably getting the current best practice at all times during her treatment.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I know this was posted a long time ago, but the link between helicobacter pylori and stomach ulcers was only discovered in the mid eighties, by a very brave scientist, so your wife was probably getting the current best practice at all times during her treatment.
Interesting link. Thanks for that. I doubt I'd be brave enough to sup from a Petri Dish!

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Its when they turn round and tell you that it is the medication they have prescribed for the last 50 years is actually the cause of your ongoing problems and the original symptom was a one off:ohmy:
Which one? Started on the 30th at the end of last year. That's not counting combinations, I've lost count over the last 25 or so years.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Well, seen again yesterday by the same person.
He's still not sure what it is/isn't. But spend a week in bed, in hospital wired up and under 24 hour watch. He could give a definate maybe as to what it is.

£15,000 for a definate maybe!

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Last set of tests never went ahead. A week in a room on my own, with every move caught on a camera.

Result, discharghed. Last appointment last Wednesday.

Then I find my information has been passed onto someone researching the condition. Never asked and but for a chance remark, medication being taken, I'd not have found out.

No-one wants to admit to anything.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Just opened a letter that came yesterday. For 50 years they've all had it wrong it seems. It's not epilepsy after all, it's asthma!
I'll have to remember that the next time I've a minor problem, and I'm looking up at the ceiling in A&E.

That's only one persons opinion. The rest were wrong all these years.

Top Bottom