Tredz bikes think I am in the Scottish Highlands and Islands.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I was ready to make a purchase (an Altura bar roll-bag) to the value of £45, which would have made it free delivery... but.... when I entered my postcode it told me there would be a delivery charge of £9.99. Apparently, Ayrshire is now in the Scottish Highlands and Islands! (I am 20 miles SW of Glasgow, on the mainland). I cancelled my order, and incidentally got the exact same item from a competitor with free delivery, AND the item cost £5 less.

vickster

Legendary Member
Why it pays to shop around 👍

vickster

Legendary Member
Out of courtesy did you message Tredz to explain the issue. It could just be a glitch they’re unaware of and it might help someone else out :okay:

SydZ

Über Member
I suspect you have experienced a glitch somewhere.
I entered a £50 order with two test addresses, one in Kilmarnock the other in Knockentiber, and both showed as free postage if I’d proceeded.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Out of courtesy did you message Tredz to explain the issue. It could just be a glitch they’re unaware of and it might help someone else out :okay:
If they read their TrustPilot reviews they will see the error of their ways. It might seem petty to give them a negative review over this, but is that not what these reviews are for? No point in them all being wonderful 5* reviews when clearly that's not the case.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I used to have a similar problem with BFPO addresses when I was in the mob. Some companies would deliver to BFPO no problem, the sorting office is only in London after all and is therfore just the same as a UK delivery. Some others used to say they "couldn't deliver overseas" and would just flat refuse to supply you.

You're not delivering overseas you numpties, you're delivering to BFPO in London and then they're worrying about the location of the end consignee. But then it's only a system that's been around since 1882 so I suppose it does take time to bed in.

Mr Celine

Discordian
I've had the same, but not for a while. Arguing with a geographically challenged call centre operative is pointless. Free delivery to Newcastle. Free delivery to Edinburgh. Free delivery to somewhere in between? No chance.

When I lived in Austria, some companies said they 'didn't deliver to Australia'. When I lived in Australia - some 30 years later, when it might be supposed that the world just might have become a little smaller - you guessed, it some companies said they didn't deliver to Austria ...
When friends moved to Orkney some years ago, they used to have some stuff posted - yes POSTED, not couriered - to me and I would take it to the local PO and post it on to them in Orkney; apparently some businesses thought Orkney wasn't part of the UK postal system at all ... mind you that was beaten hands down by someone I knew who was told a company she wanted to buy something from had to charge a steep extra delivery fee to all islands - the address to which she wanted the item delivered was the Isle of Dogs ...

Top Bottom