Tredz NOT* Committed to Halting their own Demise (*updated status)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
EDIT: See last post from me. Despite a promise from Tredz to sort out the order, they didn’t. Tredz suck. They really do. I wish I had cancelled the order.

I really like Tredz website, product choice, customer service and their pricing policy...

...but I really find their despatch and stock system infuriating. I haven’t used them much for quite some time because of this and I have ended up cancelling a few orders. The site says they have stock, you order then a couple of days later you get an ‘order delayed’ email due to out of stock items or supplier delays. This is a pain and slows my purchase up even if I cancel and order elsewhere as they take a day or two to let you know.

Anyway, I thought I would give them another shot and ordered some items for my daughter. No problem initially but true to form I received a standard delayed by about a week email. Rrrrraaagggghhhh.

So I rang up to cancel. However the lady helping me said they would despatch the available items immediately and asked nicely if I would consider waiting for the other items. This was reasonable and I conceded but explained that I was bored with it’s ongoing issues like this and cancelled orders.

She said they were aware of the issues and were losing a lot of business. Therefore a system was being put into place to rectify it. She said in a few months things like this wouldn’t be happening.

Let’s hope they really are committed to sorting this out. We can only hope.

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
It sounds as if they are holding no stock but accumulating orders then ordering the stuff from the importers.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
They have had such I long time to sort it that I have voted with my feet. Unless they truly are the cheapest by a long way and I am no rush to receive anything I would not even consider them. I have been burnt too many times by them.

robgul

Legendary Member
As mentioned up-thread Tredz is merely a different brand owned by Halfords (as are Wheelies and Cycle Republic) - doubtless it's a central purchasing and stock-keeping set-up ... and with the number of SKUs they have I'd bet a lot of items are obtained against orders from the wholesalers/distributors thus causing the delay.

As an aside, the major cycle trade distributor - Madison - has just launched a consumer website called Freewheel where you can order stuff from their MASSIVE warehouse with either direct delivery or click and collect at a nominated LBS. Chances are that Tredz is getting the stuff from Madison.

Rob

Proto

Legendary Member
Just need Ron Kitching to start one called Everything Cycling, and to be Suntour oriented, and it'll be just like the 1980s but online :biggrin:

Loved the Ron Kitching catalogue. Even had Tange tubing and lugs in there. Fantastic reading. I believe Kitching morphed into Zyro, and now Fisher Zyro.

Freewheel was good, too. Rossin, Kestrel, and, er, Ridgeback!

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Spa's website doesn't even take card payments most of the time; it crashes out at the Verified by VISA page. They don't seem to care. I order from elsewhere now.

OP
OP
Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I got this wrong. I was a little too fair and when Tredz said they would send to me the items they actually had in stock immediately, I trusted their word. I still haven’t received anything. I wish I had cancelled and ordered with another comany, because my daughter would have lights on her school bike* by now.

Tredz suck. They really do.

*She is using my spare ones until then.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
As mentioned up-thread Tredz is merely a different brand owned by Halfords (as are Wheelies and Cycle Republic) - doubtless it's a central purchasing and stock-keeping set-up ... and with the number of SKUs they have I'd bet a lot of items are obtained against orders from the wholesalers/distributors thus causing the delay.

As an aside, the major cycle trade distributor - Madison - has just launched a consumer website called Freewheel where you can order stuff from their MASSIVE warehouse with either direct delivery or click and collect at a nominated LBS. Chances are that Tredz is getting the stuff from Madison.

Rob

That's good to know - thanks.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I didn't know Halfords had bought them. A friend worked in their Swansea shop a few years ago. She didn't rate them then.

I used to visit their Shop in Swansea occasionally when working in that part of the world, but getting service in that store was frustrating as there seemed to be lots of staff around but nobody available to help, really important stuff when you want to try a pair of cycling shoes or a helmet, or want to buy a bicycle light but all the stock is locked in a glass display case.

Drago

Legendary Member
I just checked out the Madison / Freewheel site. Bonkers pricing, I don’t see it lasting a long time.

You're not wrong. I thought the whole point of internet retailers was they undercut high street retailers by not having to pay for premises etc. The Freewheel pricing is daft, no justification seeing as they're the importer of much of it.

Top Bottom