Trek Emonda ALR 6 Anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
£2k is hardly a bottom end carbon bike?

The Trek certainly wouldn’t be my mug of Darjeeling ;)
Depends what you spec it with I guess, if we’re talking RRP for a 2018 Bike.

Depends what you’re after tbh. That’s the beauty of choice, else we’d all have non black bikes the same as yours. :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Depends what you spec it with I guess, if we’re talking RRP for a 2018 Bike.

Depends what you’re after tbh. That’s the beauty of choice, else we’d all have non black bikes the same as yours. :smile:
What's special about the spec of the Trek that makes it £2k. It 'only' has an Ultegra groupset

On your second point, yay, there'd be far more variety of colours being ridden :smile:

huwsparky

Über Member
There's plenty of very good carbon frames available for 2k with a ultegra groupset.

An advert popped up on my browser only yesterday for a 2017 Giant TCR advanced pro, ultegra build for about 2k. That's a serious good bike for 2k, I'd rate that frame on par with most frames at any price.

vickster

Legendary Member
There's plenty of very good carbon frames available for 2k with a ultegra groupset.

An advert popped up on my browser only yesterday for a 2017 Giant TCR advanced pro, ultegra build for about 2k. That's a serious good bike for 2k, I'd rate that frame on par with most frames at any price.
Also as much as I don’t personally like Specialized bikes (and especially black ones), those that do rave about the frames. £1600 gets you last years ultegra Tarmac for example

https://www.evanscycles.com/specialized-tarmac-sl4-elite-2017-road-bike-EV279869?

Granted I expect the Trek has ‘better’ wheels albeit they are pretty fugly to me

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
What did he end up with?
Nothing yet. ;)

Edit: All jokes aside, we’re getting it in the morning. Trek Emonda SL6 Pro. There was a fantastic deal on a 2017 model but they had sold the ne and can’t find the other one at this time. They have therefore offered the 2018 version for the same deal. Can’t argue with that.

Nothing yet. ;)

Edit: All jokes aside, we’re getting it in the morning. Trek Emonda SL6 Pro. There was a fantastic deal on a 2017 model but they had sold the ne and can’t find the other one at this time. They have therefore offered the 2018 version for the same deal. Can’t argue with that.
Unless the colour doesn't float his boat.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Sweet, i hope he enjoys many miles on it. Which shop was it? Might help local ccers chose a bike in future.
It was this that we were going to collect initially:

https://www.sunsetmtb.co.uk/shop/index.php?product_id=3032

Then ended up with this for the same price, although without the additional 10% off:

https://www.sunsetmtb.co.uk/shop/index.php?product_id=6263

It was a toss up between the 54 and the 52. Only 54 in stock, but looked too big for him even when adjusted to the extreme ends of the seatpost and saddle positions, which is far from ideal in a new bike. 52 duly ordered and arriving end of February.

Sunset Cycles in Cardiff were amazing though, I must admit. The guy who does their bike fitting spent about 2 hours with us and explained everything to my Brother in simple terms and never made him feel intimidated, being new to road bikes.

All things considered, it’s a cracking deal with cracking service too!

They also had the Trek Segafredo version on their Zwift setup in the best red I have ever seen in a bike. I had seen it online, but looked even better in the real world.

My Brother was fancying the Cipollini Bond on display, in green, black and grey camouflage with neon yellow branding and bar tape. Looked superb in fairness, albeit very bling.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
What did he end up with?
The deal very date for the bike came and went. My Brother chased them up as he hadn’t heard anything. They said that the bike never arrived from Trek but not to worry as it’s definitely on the next shipment...at the end of April. :sad:

They blamed Trek, but something makes me think that they forgot to order it.

Anyway, after looking around, he fancied something else and got his deposit back.

How does this float your boat @vickster?

8F71311E-A556-4C8F-8223-EBB825FCF5FB.jpeg

His has Ultegra and will soon have deeper rims.

Top Bottom