Trek fx2 or similar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I’d go with the 32mm for extra comfort.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ok so im going to order tyres today, im thinking of going 28c, they dont have the above link in 28c so any recommendations on a not too expensive tyre?
That is unless peole advice not to go as low as 28
They offer a 28mm as they fitted to my Ti.
However, you do need to check your rims will take one. I think there’s a calculator on the sheldon brown site

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
They offer a 28mm as they fitted to my Ti.
However, you do need to check your rims will take one. I think there’s a calculator on the sheldon brown site

Thanks again guys, had a breif look at the sheldon website but not really sure what im looking for haha.
Would there be alot of differance in terms of speed comfort between the 28 and 32?

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks again guys, had a breif look at the sheldon website but not really sure what im looking for haha.
Would there be alot of differance in terms of speed comfort between the 28 and 32?
Not really on speed on a hybrid especially if road surfaces poor. Comfort some but less than on your current

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Im trying to find a good middle ground as im going to be using it for general weekend outings on country lanes but also hoping to do a cycling event in march with a friend who has a road bike

vickster

Legendary Member
Im trying to find a good middle ground as im going to be using it for general weekend outings on country lanes but also hoping to do a cycling event in march with a friend who has a road bike
You could have different tyres for the event?

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Yeah I did think of that but then I'm spending more on tyres than the bikes worth haha
plus I'm on a budget really don't have a lot of spare money at the moment

si_c

Guru

I'd go with the 32s for a number of reasons - but mostly because you can go further, faster when you are comfortable. With recent improvements in our understanding of real world tyre mechanics, the trend is towards increasingly large tyres - to a point - such that many road bikes often come with 28c tyres as standard now anyway. British roads are fairly universally terrible at the moment - you won't regret getting 32s.

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
I'd go with the 32s for a number of reasons - but mostly because you can go further, faster when you are comfortable

Yes, my initial thinking, got a bit lost looking for some more speed but your right, id rather be comfortable, the reason i went with a hybrid this time over a roady.

Last edited:
Top Bottom