Trek fx2 or similar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Inner tubes and a pump. Repair the tubes at home if they're fixable, esp at this time of year. You could carry scabs in case you get more than one fairy visit when out
This is precisely what I do. Two inner tubes and a packet of either scabs or Park Tool instant patches. These are permanently in my saddle bag, along with a pump attached to the frame. I've not failed to get home under my own steam in quite a long time.

Edited to say that on longer rides (i.e. 100mi or more) I carry a full repair kit with me as well as patches, just in case.

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Cheers guys, ordered the tyres and a spare inner tube.
Ive already bought one of those co2 air thingys because its small and fits nicely in my saddle bag ill probably stick with that over a pump

vickster

Legendary Member
Cheers guys, ordered the tyres and a spare inner tube.
Ive already bought one of those co2 air thingys because its small and fits nicely in my saddle bag ill probably stick with that over a pump
You need inner tubes to go with the tyres
Make sure you know how to use the CO2. I’d carry a pump too if you’re going to potentially get stranded

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Fitted the front tyre just now, looking good! Will do the rear tomorrow then hopefully out Saturday for my first spin!

Psi was 55-95, i went for 80 as to not be too hard

Top Bottom