Trek Madone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dodge

I'm thinking of getting a 2009 5.2 Madone (56cm) either compact or pro, they are currently reduced to £1999 at most of the on-line stores. I'm looking for opinions or alternatives, its going to be a long term purchase.

Garz

Squat Member
O.K. Fell in love with a CAAD 9 today in a visit to one of the LBS, it was better than most bikes under the £1800 mark.

balzer69

I have a madone 5.2 perf for 6 months now.

£2000 is a good price (RRP 2500), the 2010 models are more expensive. For that cash there are a few options available to you, so consider carefully but the 56 size is the most popular so will go fast.

I have been very satisfied with mine; it seems to me to have the perfect combination of comfort and response. The Ultegra SL is as smooth as DA; only slightly heavier. The weakpoints are the wheels and saddle - having said that the wheels are fine for general use and going strong for me.

At this price I would also be seriously tempted by a planet-x titanium/SRAM Red. However you won't be dissapointed with the madone.

A pro for me was the fact that this frame won the '07 TdF, but that may be irrelevant for you (or turn you off )

Top Bottom