Triathlete has a Stag Do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Great picture. Cyclist is okay and finished the race.

_90960431_stag.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37213884

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yikes!

I nearly had something like that happen to me on a local descent - fortunately, the deer was leaping from a raised position in a field to my left and it managed to clear my head! I was doing over 30 mph down the hill so it wouldn't have been a good time to get a kick in the head ...

PS On reflection, there is NEVER a good time to get a kick in the head, but that would have been a worse time than most! :okay:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Doe!

Apparently the next competition is in Italy but he's worried about being in venison Tuesday.
Hope he's not too worried. It's nearly autumn and it won't do any good to get caught in a rut.

The park is home to around 500 deer.

"The helmet definitely saved me," Mr O'Reilly added.

"Apart from that, my shoulder was a bit sore and I had a headache."

The competitor completed the race in two hours 25 mins.

Mr Scraggs said he never thought deer would "try and leap over the cyclists".

"I had a feeling they might make their way across the cyclists' path, so I tracked them though my lens," he said.

"I never envisaged that they would actually try and leap over the cyclists. It all happened so fast, It was a really heavy crash.

"It was a relief to see the competitor get back to his feet and continue."

It is understood the deer has also recovered.

Its OK though, the helmet definitely saved his life

iandg

Legendary Member
Happened in a road race I rode on Cannock Chase about 1979/80. Deer ran into the bunch and got a leg trapped in a wheel of one of the riders. Remember everyone laughing at the time as the rider was desperately trying to undo his toe-straps and get his feet out of the pedals so he didn't get kicked. Deer got free and ran off into the forest.

Top Bottom