Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CommuterBen

Regular
I've got it its in my conservatory! Had a good ride around decathlon on it haha! I've got spare inners and I like the pedals and the stem is a perfect fit (although I may look for a carbon one) when lookin to buy wheels what should I look for?! Would prefer some color on them with the brand written somewhere!

CommuterBen

Regular
bottle cage, spd pedals and off u go !
will need to get grease into wheels by sound of it, otherwise happy with it as it comes.
Grease into wheels?

Which grease?
Where about a on the wheels?

Radchenister

Veteran
Well done CommuterBen, reckon there's no immediate rush on the wheel upgrade, perhaps check the grease in the hubs and get a spoke key ready for wheel trimming, other than that, just ride it for a while and see what happens, then review the situation come springtime.

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
Hi,
Just ordered a Triban 3 and am collecting from the Birmingham Decathlon tomorrow (weather permitting). Had tried to order online last week but they did not have the size I needed in stock. Was going to wait and order online in a couple of weeks but this talk of a reduced spec model made me want to get one ASAP just in case.

I think you've chosen the wisest option Chris.
I get the feeling the new model may be a bit of a disappointment TBH.

Welcome to "the club" Be sure to keep us informed how you go on with the new bike, both on here and on the T3 Owners as per my sig.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
Are there any Cheap upgrades for the triban 3!? Just bought mine an before I ride just want to know if i should upgrade anything?

Or anything that people have added to theirs?

I've got a bottle cage and some lights and am looking for a clip on pump. Will also get an under saddle bag and maybe some red&black bar tape!

Check out the link Ben. All items bought from Decathlon when I bought my T3.
http://triban3owners.freeforums.net/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=12

CommuterBen

Regular
Awesome! Got my decathlon points and £10 voucher to spend so will get online now! My "local" decathlon is 42.1 miles away in Warrington went for a look this morning when buying my triban but had to get back for work so didn't have enough time for browsing!

martin122

Regular
Does anyone else love the toe clips that came with the bike? They work perfectly for me, once you get the hang of flipping over the pedal and sliding your foot in it's a really snug feel if you wear large trainers and if you need to get your foot out in a hurry you can just hank them out fairly easily.

I bought some SPDs a couple of months ago as everyone says that they're so much better but I didn't get on with them (found it difficult to unclip even on the loosest setting) and took them off before I even went for a proper ride. As I've been unable to get on the bike for a while because of the snow I decided to put them back on as I have a turbo now. I hardly feel any more "connected to the bike" and I still find it quite difficult to clip out properly, plus the shoes are really rigid and uncomfortable.

It seems like all downside to be honest. I think when the snow clears the trusty toe clips may be going back on.
WELL I STILL HAVE MY TOE CLIPS BUT going to take the plunge very soon and go for the spd pedals and cycling shoes:laugh:

martin122

Regular
57 would be too small matey. In 5"11 and a 57cm is perfect for me! I'd go 60cm if I were you! If you can get to a store the guys there are so helpful and will give you all the info you need when buying the correct size! They are awesome when I went in!
im 5ft 6 and went for the 54 which is perfect fit but I have fitted a shorter stem

Top Bottom