Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lancj1

Have a look at this hybrid bike which is sold in France http://www.decathlon.fr/btwin-forme-3-id_8188895.html : appears to be a similar if not identical white frame but with no carbon forks; you could see this translating into the new T3 easily, as it's rating in France is 3 out of 5 stars, it is foreseeable that this frame is ready ?

Think you will find it for sale over here too. Nearly bought one in Warrington last week - £249. They have a souped up one too with blue finishing kit, bottle holder, better tyres, at £305

Sad news about the new T3. A legendary bike. Tempted to get another and stick it away

Radchenister

Veteran
Think you will find it for sale over here too. Nearly bought one in Warrington last week - £249. They have a souped up one too with blue finishing kit, bottle holder, better tyres, at £305

Sad news about the new T3. A legendary bike. Tempted to get another and stick it away

Ah right, was using web site only and it's in with the road bikes on the French site but not the Brtit one (it's miles to a store for me) - yep, good bike ... I will now refer to mine as 'the legendary red 2012 T3' :becool: ... get 'em while they're still hot!

Edit: found it, it's called the Fitness 3 in the UK.

Kookas

Über Member
Glad that I got it when I did (just after the New Year) if the sequel is just a mediocre hybrid. And in white, too. I love the red; got a matching helmet, and it goes with the high-viz coat I'm wearing.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
The white one may well come with Tourney 7 speed STI like the Halfords Carrera Zelos. I think Shimano has dropped 2300, 2013 Sora is now 9 speed with the paddle shifter behind the brake lever.

Decathlon used to do a steel frame entry level bike for £150 a few years back.

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
Just emailed my local decathlon (Warrington) for info got this reply!
View attachment 17714

All the answers you need really.

CommuterBen

Regular
Also got this little info gem
image.jpg

So went and bought myself one today free lights free lock free drink bottle and £10 decathlon voucher! Pics to follow!

Typhon

Does anyone else love the toe clips that came with the bike? They work perfectly for me, once you get the hang of flipping over the pedal and sliding your foot in it's a really snug feel if you wear large trainers and if you need to get your foot out in a hurry you can just hank them out fairly easily.

I bought some SPDs a couple of months ago as everyone says that they're so much better but I didn't get on with them (found it difficult to unclip even on the loosest setting) and took them off before I even went for a proper ride. As I've been unable to get on the bike for a while because of the snow I decided to put them back on as I have a turbo now. I hardly feel any more "connected to the bike" and I still find it quite difficult to clip out properly, plus the shoes are really rigid and uncomfortable.

It seems like all downside to be honest. I think when the snow clears the trusty toe clips may be going back on.

outlash

also available in orange
TBH, I changed the pedals because I couldn't get on with the toe clips! My feet are too big for them so my heel was hitting the rear deurailler plus I was slipping about when it got wet. I got SPD pedals and bought some touring shoes, they're much more forgiving than road shoes plus you can walk in them without hobbling about.

Tony.

Does anyone else love the toe clips that came with the bike? .... I think when the snow clears the trusty toe clips may be going back on.

I only use toe clips (with straps) because I cycle in soft, high top leather hiking boots (I need the support in my ankles and can't wear normal shoes). Some people hate them, a few of us love them and the rest loath them and think they should be banned. I am not however on the original pedals (but am on toe clips) because one of them failed after about 200 miles and I didn't use the warranty because it was cheaper to replace them than drive back to the shop!

Does anyone else love the toe clips that came with the bike? They work perfectly for me, once you get the hang of flipping over the pedal and sliding your foot in it's a really snug feel if you wear large trainers and if you need to get your foot out in a hurry you can just hank them out fairly easily.

I bought some SPDs a couple of months ago as everyone says that they're so much better but I didn't get on with them (found it difficult to unclip even on the loosest setting) and took them off before I even went for a proper ride. As I've been unable to get on the bike for a while because of the snow I decided to put them back on as I have a turbo now. I hardly feel any more "connected to the bike" and I still find it quite difficult to clip out properly, plus the shoes are really rigid and uncomfortable.

It seems like all downside to be honest. I think when the snow clears the trusty toe clips may be going back on.
I wanted some clips buts finances were tight so stuck with the original pedals, surprised that I got to like them very quickly and can use normal trainers with them ( size 11) I also like the original seat!

Top Bottom