Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
This sounds bad.
It would be interesting to know what B'Twin's side of the story is. Might email to inform them that they appear to have a problem with lack of lube in the wheel hubs and what they plan to do in order to rectify this problem.

At the moment my wheels spin smothly. (and so they should as the bike is new) I do feel that they may be worth an inspection over the weekend before I get out on the saddle again. Think the forecast snow may stop any thoughts of cycling!

My bike is not due its service until April/May. (FOC) According to the blurb tough. Decathlon will attend to any faults or concerns during the first 6 months of ownership for free.

This sounds bad.
It would be interesting to know what B'Twin's side of the story is. Might email to inform them that they appear to have a problem with lack of lube in the wheel hubs and what they plan to do in order to rectify this problem.

At the moment my wheels spin smothly. (and so they should as the bike is new) I do feel that they may be worth an inspection over the weekend before I get out on the saddle again. Think the forecast snow may stop any thoughts of cycling on a road bike!

FTFY
^_^

martin122

Regular
there seems to be a lot of triban owners around, so im thinking if any are in devon and fancy getting together for a ride out and about and a coffee let me know and if there are afew of us lets see what we can do?? im new to these forums and not sure if I have posted this right? sorry if I have not:blush:

martin122

Regular
I will be upgrading my wheels by april and have been looking at miche wheelset,shiman0 R501 and the rodi airline, but really not sure any views please? thank you

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
new to the thread but had triban since may, had spokes break on the back wheel lots, so upgraded to dt swiss spokes and not had any break but i get a small buckle every time i ride but a small tweak on the spokes and we are true again...

think the bearings need servicing in the back wheel but not really the wheels fault im 20 stone.

gonna upgrade the bike soon as im slightly big for a 63cm so looking to get a rose 66cm

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
I have e mailed Decathlon to ask if they were aware of the wheel bearing issue. I mentioned that the issue was predominantly down to the distinct lack of grease applied during assembly. Just waiting for a reply.

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
A response within half an hour. Very impressive! :smile:

I quote: " with regards your front hub it is always worth inspecting as these wheels are machine built and the amount of grease can vary. with the current weather conditions it may be advised to have these looked at whilst you are in and re-greased if needed.
hope that has helped and hopefully see you soon."

mirrorman

In my local decathlon store the other day about to buy triban 3 after much dithering .the size I wanted out of stock,when I asked assistant about re-stock he informed me 2013 model is available soon in white @£280 but not to many more detail were available yet

Radchenister

Veteran
Bit of a scoop - although I'd have to ask are you sure about the price?

These things will be festooned with mystical status if they get any cheaper and maintain (nay perhaps improve) the same spec' ... either that or you're pulling our leg ;) !

mirrorman

Yes it was on his internal computer system.it could be introductory price or no carbon forks!!! Is what he thought?

Radchenister

Veteran
Ah, the 'internal computer system' would have it logged no doubt, sounds plausible - an introductory price or take off the carbon forks - that'd explain it well.

Perhaps the white paint is 20 quid cheaper?

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
I think it would look nice in gleaming white. :bravo: Especially at £280!!!

Like above though, I suspect the carbon forks may be absent. :thumbsdown:

Top Bottom