Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CommuterBen

Regular
How did you get a discount? I'm looking to buy soon!

Radchenister

Veteran
Absolutely ... but people won't need to soon as the new white ones will be £280 according to a reliable source ;) .

I have a lot of time for Decathlon - was in one of their French stores in Saint-Lo just last week and whilst the exchange rate meant the bikes are slightly higher there I was lucky to catch a BTwin top and padded shorts at the same sale price as in the UK but in Euros (in fact I don't think they've got the shorts on sale here any more) result being with the exchange rate there was approx. a further 17% off, they've kitted me out with some summer gear for next to nothing.

I have no summer kit yet but I shall be looking in the Coventry store soon.

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
It'll be nice to see the 2013 model in white. Still cannot believe they can make the same bike but even cheaper! I think they may well ditch the carbon forks. It'll be a surefire best seller if they keep the forks, especially at that price.

outlash

also available in orange
I think if the reverted to alloy forks, the price would be cheaper than £280, it's probably just down to they've sold loads recently so they can buy them in bulk cheaper and therefore drop the price a little while keep their margin.

Tony.

CommuterBen

Regular
Wish this info hadn't been divulged! Was just about to buy a triban 3 but want to wait now for the new ones! Any idea when the release date is?

Radchenister

Veteran
This is all speculation of course and I for one am happy with the deal I had just before Christmas (£300 in red); the only way I'd be miffed is if a new season T3 came out with everything the same but with better hubs(/wheels) and SPD pedals, which if it is heading down the price scale is highly unlikely IMHO.

Have a look at this hybrid bike which is sold in France (Edit: and UK as a Fitness 3) http://www.decathlon.fr/btwin-forme-3-id_8188895.html : appears to be a similar if not identical white frame but with no carbon forks; you could see this translating into the new T3 easily, as it's rating in France is 3 out of 5 stars, it is foreseeable that this frame is left sitting in the warehouse ready to go at a lower price point. Also interestingly, currently the T3 in France goes for approx £34 more in value than in the UK when you look at the direct exchange rate conversion comparison (as a 'maths' check I did the comparison with the T5 and it works out almost exactly equal in cost £s v Euros with the same exercise, so perhaps the UK version arguably sits too low in the pricing ladder).

The T3 is showing as low on stock in the UK and is now positioned low down the internet page (it was head of the list before Christmas) - whilst the T5 is still showing high on stock for the few UK stores I looked at, including their latest store in Southampton that only opened just before Christmas; might be that the T3 in it's current position really is too good to be true and is due for down spec'ing / price point repositioning for the UK?

CommuterBen

Regular
Just emailed my local decathlon (Warrington) for info got this reply!
image.jpg

Top Bottom