Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
You should be able to fit Crud Road Racers or SKS Raceblade Longs on Tribans - I've had both on my Triban 3 (old red version) with the SKS being by far the best as they seem to be fit & forget.

nirurin

Regular
Hey guys, me again :smile:

Just wanted to confirm this, as I'm seeing differing opinions...

I'm looking at the Triban 500se (which I *believe* is about the same frame as the triban 3 and the triban 5), but am considering changing the 23c tyres for a bigger size for the sake of bum comfort and wheel longevity on the rough roads i have round here.

However, I'm not sure if the bike can take larger tyres, as well as mudguards, as the clearance in the photos looks minimal even on the default 23c tyres. I'd like to put on 25c, if not the next size up (27c?)

Not sure if the photo is from the 650 or the 700 wheels bikes though. I am going to be getting a 700 sized wheel.

Thanks, hope someone can give me some help.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just a quick heads up for Triban 3 owners to check this out.

I was hanging up my sons Triban last night after a junior racing session when I noticed the rear gear cable was clamped incorrectly at the mech. Here's a pic of the problem...
upload_2014-9-17_15-57-9.png

As can be seen, the cable is clamped by just a few threads by the head of the clamp bolt when it should in fact be clamped between the mech body and clamp plate. Check yours now!

Hi everyone I need some help.

Basically I brought a triban 3 about a year ago I live in norwich and since the triban 3 was no longer in production I travelled to coventry to pick it up.
I brought the 54cm frame and it has always felt too small for me (i'm just over 5'10) however I persevered and continued to ride the bike.

I recently measured the frame and from the bottom of the crank to the top part of the frame measures 50cm even though it has 54 written on it. When I contacted decathlon they told me that its because b'twin measure their bikes differently. Is this true or are decathlon just trying to get rid of me?

Could someone with a 54cm frame be able to measure theirs too.

thanks! Dan

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Hi everyone I need some help.

Basically I brought a triban 3 about a year ago I live in norwich and since the triban 3 was no longer in production I travelled to coventry to pick it up.
I brought the 54cm frame and it has always felt too small for me (i'm just over 5'10) however I persevered and continued to ride the bike.

I recently measured the frame and from the bottom of the crank to the top part of the frame measures 50cm even though it has 54 written on it. When I contacted decathlon they told me that its because b'twin measure their bikes differently. Is this true or are decathlon just trying to get rid of me?

Could someone with a 54cm frame be able to measure theirs too.

thanks! Dan
A 54 possibly is small for you. But the size of frame is correct.
A friend of mine rode a 56 for years but swapped to a 54 and is much happier he just uses a longer post and stem.

They have a sloping top tube. My 63cm measured 57cm and I asked the same question in this thread about two years ago.

It is known as virtual top tube. You have used A but it should be taken as B

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

arsen

In fact, the T3 measurement is taken by the effective top tube , the line "C" in the drawing posted above. I have a 54 too, and the measure hits perfectly , do not worry !

The ones on mine were Hutchinson.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
what are some decent wheels to upgrade too on a T3 Red? im after good value for money and better than stock
whats your budget? any wheel is an upgrade shimano r500/r501 is about the cheapest option get them for around £70

Top Bottom