Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steady

Über Member
Permission to join?

I've managed to pick a triban 3 up yesterday that has been ridden only a couple of times for £160,really chuffed with it and it looks brand new :smile:

They definitely seem to wear their age well when you look at the used market!

I'm just back from cycling the 3 cities cycle challenge on my triban 3 white and it stood up to the challenge no problem, the only thing I've changed is the seat and handlebar tape. No punctures, it never fell apart after cycling 45 miles. I love my bike, I did 340 miles in 4 days and like I said nothing went wrong, I'm bad but I had a little snigger at the problems some of the 3k plus bikes gave their owners!! I counted five triban 3 owners out of 100+ Riders and no one of us had a single problem, for £300 we certainly got our money's worth

bigup

hi guys

i want to change the tyres on my triabn 3 red

currently my bike is completely stock

im looking at the Vittoria Rubino in red/black

what size do i need? 700x23?

just for commuting and summer ride outs

SteCenturion

I am your Father
hi guys

i want to change the tyres on my triabn 3 red

currently my bike is completely stock

im looking at the Vittoria Rubino in red/black

what size do i need? 700x23?

just for commuting and summer ride outs
You can go 700 x 23c which is a stock road profile or even 25's which add a little more comfort (more volume) & are sometimes quoted as faster rolling, quite widely used even in the Pro Peloton these days.

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
Hi big up.
For summer riding. (Ie, mudguard less) you will get away with 25's. If you're commuting with guards then 23's are about the limit. The Rubinos in black and red will look good on the T3! :thumbsup:

Widge

Baldy Go
Vittoria Rubino Pro Folders are a good choice imo!..........well I like 'em anyway!!
Over 2000 miles on mine. Barely perceptible wear...and no P fairy visits.

You can also get 700x25, IIRC, but only in black.

Worth getting the 'Pro' folders if you can find a deal. Lighter and suppler. I got two for one but that was a while back.

HTH

w

KennaughKickIt

I'm looking to potentially buy one of these and am just wondering if it's still the bike it was a couple of years ago. It seems like some of the specs have changed but does it still represent the best value for money (£300 bike)?

billymcq2

I retired my red T3, well not really. Gave it to my wife after fitting a new saddle and a shorter stem, she loves it now too!

I bought my dad a 500SE for his 60th Birthday back in May, after riding it I decided I would get myself a new bike too, ended up going for a Planet X RT-58 alloy.

Greetings - may I join the group, please?

After weeks of considering a new road bike and looking at various Specialized and Trek models starting at £600, I stopped and asked myself: what do you actually want from your bike?

The result was I've today bought a secondhand red Triban 3, a little under 2 years old, which has been very carefully looked after and has had a few upgrades too from what I can see.

Seller seems a great chap who threw in a few extras like spare tubes and touch-up paint and has even invited me along to the group rides he and a few friends have,

Very pleased even though - having been really busy - I've ridden it for only a few minutes so far. It felt great.

Update - transferred the Specialized Romin Pro saddle from my hybrid to the Triban. Mucho comfy, pretty light, plus Mrs Beanz says it suits the bike.

Anyone found a good bottle cage for the red Triban? I had a spare black plastic one which is acceptable in colour but rocks about side to side rather than fitting snugly up to the downtube.

Top Bottom