Triban 3 Upgrades!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kies

I had a red T3 - it's a good bike at £300 but not worth splashing that sort of money on it. I upgraded the wheels to Shimano RS10's and added Vittoria Rubino tyres. That single upgrade made the bike brilliant. If i had kept the bike, the only other upgrade would have been 105 shifters and drive chain once the Sora stuff needed replacing

I had a red T3 - it's a good bike at £300 but not worth splashing that sort of money on it. I upgraded the wheels to Shimano RS10's and added Vittoria Rubino tyres. That single upgrade made the bike brilliant. If i had kept the bike, the only other upgrade would have been 105 shifters and drive chain once the Sora stuff needed replacing
That's what I changed on mine too. Changed the saddle too - the original cut the arse off me.

migrantwing

Veteran
Mix and match stuff is OK, it works, but why not just buy a full 105 groupset, as mentioned above? I don't see the point of getting a Dura-Ace BB, FD and Ultegra RD and then using Sora shifters. The OP mentions that he'd like 105 shifters, but they're too expensive, but will upgrade to them as and when.

I'm sure Dura-Ace + Ultegra + Sora will work well, but that's like wearing an Armani suit and Valentino shirt, but wearing Primark shoes! Seems to be a bit of a daft idea.

I don't trust those Carbon components from Ali-Express, either, nor the Ti skewers. As mentioned, best to just sell the T3 and buy a new bike.

For the cost of £370 (£570 with power meter) on the OP's listed components, may as well just upgrade the wheels and tyres on the T3 and put the money towards a better specced bike with full 105 or Ultegra groupset.

Top Bottom