Tripadvisor Reviews unbelievable.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
There's a brilliant review on Amazon somewhere from a bloke who used hair removal cream in a delicate area, absolutely hilarious. 😂
Yes......I google that every now and again for a good belly laugh......
Deet?? or a similar name.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
There's a brilliant review on Amazon somewhere from a bloke who used hair removal cream in a delicate area, absolutely hilarious. 😂

I think that's the one where the title / summary is "do not use on your nob and bollocks" and then goes into cringemaking and hilarious details as to why not. I assume the account is wholly fictional but you never know

gavgav

Guru
If you want a laugh, look up the reviews for the Norbreck Castle Hotel. It’s a great reason to own a motor home.
I stayed there on a cricket tour, a few years back. When the taxi driver picked us up, to head back there on the first evening, he asked “where to” and we said Norbreck Castle, to which he replied....”ah yes, Stalag!!”
It is one of the worst places I’ve ever stayed!

byegad

Legendary Member
A bacon sandwich can never be bad.
Only a fool, Lancastrian or Southerner would use ketchup on a bacon sandwich. Brown sauce in your bacon butty is food of the gods. But for real lack of taste, in Oldham they automatically smother your fish and chips in gravy! A member of my family moved their in the 1970s, I hired a van to help her, and she took us to a local cafe for fish and chips, when she butted into me ordering f&c to say 'no gravy on that' I nearly peed myself laughing, until I saw the people on the next table get theirs, complete with a couple of pints of gravy on them. 🥵🤡👽 Funny lot in Oldham, never been the same since it was torn screaming from the West Riding.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Only a fool, Lancastrian or Southerner would use ketchup on a bacon sandwich. Brown sauce in your bacon butty is food of the gods. But for real lack of taste, in Oldham they automatically smother your fish and chips in gravy! A member of my family moved their in the 1970s, I hired a van to help her, and she took us to a local cafe for fish and chips, when she butted into me ordering f&c to say 'no gravy on that' I nearly peed myself laughing, until I saw the people on the next table get theirs, complete with a couple of pints of gravy on them. 🥵🤡👽 Funny lot in Oldham, never been the same since it was torn screaming from the West Riding.
I love these regional quirks. Reminds me of the one about the Burnley working men's club which accounts for something like a tenth of all the Benedictine consumed in the world, after WW1 soldiers developed a taste for it in the trenches and brought it back with them.

I'll never listen to the opinion of a Yorkhire, especially West Riding, person about the niceties of food since the time I went to a wedding in Barnsley some years back

Part of the reception buffet was plates of pork pie segments accompanied by optional bowls of tomato ketchup and brown sauce for the more discerning palates. The pies and sauces went first.

I was also amazed to see that the men didn't get their own food but sat down and waited for their wives to get them an (overflowing) plate of food.

But a Barnsley chop is very nice .:hungry:

DRM

Guru
I'll never listen to the opinion of a Yorkhire, especially West Riding, person about the niceties of food since the time I went to a wedding in Barnsley some years back

Part of the reception buffet was plates of pork pie segments accompanied by optional bowls of tomato ketchup and brown sauce for the more discerning palates. The pies and sauces went first.

I was also amazed to see that the men didn't get their own food but sat down and waited for their wives to get them an (overflowing) plate of food.

But a Barnsley chop is very nice .:hungry:
That’s ok then, seen as the people’s republic of Barnsley is in South Yorkshire 👍

Top Bottom