Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Dog walkers who walk their dog(s) on the grass surrounding the flats and sheltered housing around here annoy me. It's not 'council land' as they say it is. It's private land,belonging to the housing association. Would they let their dogs pee and crap on someone's non fenced off lawn?šŸ§

Last edited:
The Peleton advert on you tube which starts with the instructor saying ā€œI feel the energy is in the room, I need youā€ and then an annoying voice replies with ā€œokā€.

It does my head in!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Parcel tracking that only tells you when the package has been delivered. I need to know when it will be delivered.
It's like the drivers (or cyclists!) whose signals seem to mean "I have turned"! :whistle:

Or the drivers who cut me up and then pull out after they have already gone past me... (I think that they don't notice me until very late and by the time they react, they might as well not have bothered!)

ROAD SIGNS!!!!

so - today - passed a sign that said Runcorn 4
pedal pedal pedal
pedal pedal pedal
etc
pass a sign saying Runcorn 7

Later - arrive at a roundabout - sign says Runcorn is left - so I go left
hmmm - why has this road got a hard shoulder
Yup - only sign to Runcorn was onto the Expressway - which is not really suitable for a bike - even with a helmet and hi-vis (sorry)

Then a bit further on, after choosing a likely looking road, I found some signs for Runcorn Station - sounds good - followed round some roundabouts and arrive at another roundabout WITH NO SIGNS AT ALL!!!

No amused!!

I had a similar experience once. It was on a long, hard, hilly ride on a very hot day. I was struggling physically but the signs showing the distance increasing as I approached my destination almost finished me off mentally! :wacko:
Exactly - it's like a promise

no real problem in a car - just sigh and forget it
but on a bike it is real is a totally different way!

OH
and while I am on and moaning
drivers who don;t wave thanks when I stop for them to come through
or pass

mostly I get a wave or something

today 2 didn't

if you see this DO NOT THINK I AM NOT JUDGING YOU!!!

jus' sayin'

On a quiet road that never has a car on it when you cycle along it and now said road is full of holiday makers taking a shortcut down it to get between villages. I cycled down it tonight and 2 cars went past me, itā€™s narrow, just wide enough for a single car to drive down.

On a quiet road that never has a car on it when you cycle along it and now said road is full of holiday makers taking a shortcut down it to get between villages. I cycled down it tonight and 2 cars went past me, itā€™s narrow, just wide enough for a single car to drive down.
You shouldn't be allowing them to squeeze past as they'll kill you by accident, just take the lane until it's safe for you.

Problem was it was head on not from behind so if I took primary it would be a stand off. Easier for me to stop and nudge over to the grass than ask a car to reverse a good half mile. Itā€™s just annoying as itā€™s on a slight incline so you lose momentum.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Problem was it was head on not from behind so if I took primary it would be a stand off. Easier for me to stop and nudge over to the grass than ask a car to reverse a good half mile. Itā€™s just annoying as itā€™s on a slight incline so you lose momentum.
Primary to bring them to a stop, then you squeeze past the stationary car?

That would work well with any polite, sane driver. I encountered a psycho on Mull though who drove a 4x4 straight at me while screaming abuse!

Drago

Legendary Member
Head teachers at school that think they know better than I do. Got a meeting this avo, ive printed off the pertinent legislation from the .gov website, and im going to serve a SAR on her. See, ive all the time in the world, considerable financial wherewithall, and an absolutely limitless capacity to make life difficult for people who annoy me.

Top Bottom