Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Which brings us to... multipack crisp packets being significantly smaller than individual packs. Why's that then?!

you think you are getting better value because a multi-pack is cheaper, but in fact you're getting far less weight. I don't mind that to be honest, I don't need 40g of crisps at a time, 25g will do. But just do a flippin multi-pack of smaller ready salted. I don't want 2 x steak , 2 x chicken that tastes like powdered sick and 2 x fleas and bunion. Ready salted have always been a firm favourite and IMHO are the tastiest of the lot

Alex321

Veteran
you think you are getting better value because a multi-pack is cheaper, but in fact you're getting far less weight. I don't mind that to be honest, I don't need 40g of crisps at a time, 25g will do. But just do a flippin multi-pack of smaller ready salted. I don't want 2 x steak , 2 x chicken that tastes like powdered sick and 2 x fleas and bunion. Ready salted have always been a firm favourite and IMHO are the tastiest of the lot

My wife would agree with you. Some brands do multipacks of just ready salted, others don't. Personally I prefer the Salt and Vinegar, and will eat Cheese & Onion fairly happily, so ones including those will get eaten in our house.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Lack of punctuation in news headlines, so much so, that they are almost nonsensical

This from the BBC for example

Woman kidnapped as a child reunites with rescuer​

Does that mean "Woman kidnapped as a child, reunites with rescuer" or "Woman kidnapped, as a child reunites with rescuer"

Or even "Woman, kidnapped as a child, reunites with rescuer"? :whistle:

I actually did have a vision of a woman bystander being kidnapped while people were busy watching an emotional reunion between a child and some heroic person (firefighter, whoever)!

That it is socially acceptable to fail at basic maths and proudly state it to all and sundry. It is like announcing you are illiterate and proud of it.

Sort of, except that you don't use a lot of "basic" maths in post school life, whereas you need to read and write almost every day in most situations.

As my son said "I'm not sure how often I'll want to calculate the height of tall buildings from the ground."

Years of schools teaching that spelling and punctuation is less important than content. (probably only allowed to say that over on the dark side)

That's a tough one as well, being of that generation is hasn't caused me many difficulties in everyday life, but but I had a job for several years based on my ability to craft a story. I think both are important.

Also, it has to be said learning German would have been much easier if I had learned grammatical rules with English.

Top Bottom