Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
Meeting or performance rooms with the door at the stage end, especially when you can't see through said door in advance.

If you arrive less than half an hour before the meeting/event should take place, you are the centre of attention for the entire room full of people as you walk in.

Then you have the Introverts Dilemma: walk past all these people watching you to get a seat at the back, or sit at the front where audience participation may occur.

Also, you can't leave to go to the privvy or get some air without the entire room watching you.

Seriously, what sort of evil monster designs rooms like this?
Believe me, it is much worse if your group arrives after the presentation has started.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Meeting or performance rooms with the door at the stage end, especially when you can't see through said door in advance.

If you arrive less than half an hour before the meeting/event should take place, you are the centre of attention for the entire room full of people as you walk in.

Then you have the Introverts Dilemma: walk past all these people watching you to get a seat at the back, or sit at the front where audience participation may occur.

Also, you can't leave to go to the privvy or get some air without the entire room watching you.

Seriously, what sort of evil monster designs rooms like this?
A lot of people would not understand what you are going on about, but I understand you perfectly! :whistle:

A lot of people would not understand what you are going on about, but I understand you perfectly! :whistle:

Glad to know I'm not alone @ColinJ.

I had a similar experience when I started my Occupational Therapy qualification, some genius had decreed that we should have three days of 'getting to know you' games. Three days.

Note to course organisers: these only work if you have a course full of extroverts. Otherwise they're at best a waste of time and at worse counter productive.

I'm not shy, but I'm very introverted and it took weeks to finally talk to people after that onslaught, by which time of course most of the rest of the group had made friends and were organising their social life and I couldn't break into the groups any more.

I had a similar experience when I started my Occupational Therapy qualification, some genius had decreed that we should have three days of 'getting to know you' games. Three days.

Note to course organisers: these only work if you have a course full of extroverts. Otherwise they're at best a waste of time and at worse counter productive.

I'm not shy, but I'm very introverted and it took weeks to finally talk to people after that onslaught, by which time of course most of the rest of the group had made friends and were organising their social life and I couldn't break into the groups any more.
Oh, so familiar...

classic33

Leg End Member

Used to run them up on Ilkley Moor. Lasted five days not three though.

classic33

Leg End Member
If you want to see team building in action, organise a team to dig a coach out of a grass bank, in the early hours. Whilst also convincing the driver that letting the passengers remove their luggage will make the job easier and quicker.

What? Building team spirit is important and brings out the natural leaders within the group.

And if you believe that...

This is usually the excuse given. Usually by extroverted people who like telling everyone else what to do.

If you haven't got "team spirit" already on a day to day basis by working together, there's something wrong with the culture in that workplace and putting people on a damp hillside and shouting at them isn't going to help...

It's like that moment in a conference when the speaker says "Now introduce yourself to the person sitting next to you." If you have to demand that people do this, it's too late. Anyone wanting to introduce themselves will have already done so.

If I haven't it's my decision. Push off.

And then the person at the front adds: "And afterwards you'll tell the rest of the group about them"...

Last edited:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Bikes photographed against black backgrounds - eg:

calamus%20one%20main%20.png

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
People who look at you as you drive past them. Some really do stare! Why look in a car to see who's driving it I ask?! Yes I know some will say 'you must be looking at them to notice they're looking at you' but i'm looking to see if they're looking at me,if you see what I mean.:headshake:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
The huge amount of advertising and 'special feature' (more advertising) dross that comes with weekend newspapers and is instantly thrown into the recycling bin - while articles inside those papers remind us about the dire state of the planet, and the need to recycle ….. :angry:

Top Bottom