Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Meeting or performance rooms with the door at the stage end, especially when you can't see through said door in advance.

If you arrive less than half an hour before the meeting/event should take place, you are the centre of attention for the entire room full of people as you walk in.

Then you have the Introverts Dilemma: walk past all these people watching you to get a seat at the back, or sit at the front where audience participation may occur.

Also, you can't leave to go to the privvy or get some air without the entire room watching you.

Seriously, what sort of evil monster designs rooms like this?

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Anybody who pronounces route as rowt.

Am I allowed to call this a 'rowter'?
41MM9BN6D6L.jpg

(because everyone else seemingly does.)

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
People who park on the pavement

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
No they don't, most people I know call them routers, in fact I have never heard anybody call it a rowter.
I've never heard anyone call the woodworking tool a rooter... always a rowter, from the tutors on my C&G course, the tradesmen I did my work experience with and the staff in the shop when i bought one.

Anyway... trivial things that annoy me:

Pronunciation Nazis.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Websites where you go to print off, say, a recipe, and it turns out you need to print two pages, because...

upload_2019-6-18_11-58-32.png

two-thirds of p1 is taken up with stuff you don't need.

And in this case the miscreant is the BBC! For shame...

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Cost of paracetamol. Why can Wilko sell a pack of 16 x 500mg for 20p and Sainsburys sell EXACTLY the same product for 50p - both own brands? Similar price differences in other outlets, and if you buy a branded version (it is of course the same stuff) the sky's the limit. I assume Wilko is making a profit, so the others must be making huge profits.

Top Bottom