Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd be lost without cargo shorts and trousers. I have to carry so much stuff around it means I can, now and again, not have to carry a bag with me when I leave the house. You people that can pick up your keys, wallet and phone and duck out don't know how lucky you are...

A good point: I rely on my zip able pockets on my work trousers for safe transit of these items. Otherwise I know they'll vanish.

I've never understood why this is but I suspect it is quantum.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Pockets.

Also, 3/4 Length cargo shorts save humanity from seeing my knees in summer. Apart from anything else I pass a riding school on my commute and you can imagine the chaos that would ensue...
- it's the pockets that are the problem. Especially if stuffed with who-knows-what. They are the most unflattering male garment ever. You need the build of a slim, tall, long-legged male model to wear them, and that really doesn't apply to most wearers. :headshake:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Women with vast buggies who suddenly stop to text or chat without giving an instant's thought to where they're stopping, when even a moment's consideration would alert them to the fact that parking up three or four yards over there would avoid creating a bottleneck.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
People who stop dead in the doorway of Cambridge Rail Station to look at the departure boards, rather than take four or five more steps and not block everyone else who knows where they are going and when they have to be there.

Oh, while I'm at it - people who can easily walk through the narrow gates but insist on going through the wider ones that apparently all bikes (even Bromptons) HAVE to go through according to the station staff.

People who stop dead in the doorway of Cambridge Rail Station to look at the departure boards, rather than take four or five more steps and not block everyone else who knows where they are going and when they have to be there.

Oh, while I'm at it - people who can easily walk through the narrow gates but insist on going through the wider ones that apparently all bikes (even Bromptons) HAVE to go through according to the station staff.

Stations with gates full stop.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I'm annoyed by all the mundane visitors to my bird table today, like this blighter after my nuts!
upload_2019-6-26_14-39-12.png

classic33

Leg End Member
Why do people always ask the follow on question of "How long have you had that?" when answering their previous question of "What's wrong with your hand?". The answer being it's a birthmark.

Can you get one in later life?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
People who stop dead in the doorway of Cambridge Rail Station to look at the departure boards,

This is quite common practise now due to obsessive mobile phone gawping. Not only doorways,but pavements,supermarket aisles etc. People tell me that I should day excuse me to them,but why should I when these idiots are in the wrong not me! Sometimes I do say excuse me,but sarcastically,like last week when this hefty wide woman was yacking away on her phone completely blocking an exit in the local health centre. :headshake:

Last edited:
Top Bottom