Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
There's a little thing that doesn't bother us at first, like a little foible we find endearing in a loved one until it grows beyond tolerance and makes you want to plunge a red hot poker into thei......but then becomes a MAJOR annoyance.

I'm going to go for the trivialest (is that a word? It is now!) thing that causes the most annoyance; i-pod and i-pad. Not the items themselves but their words! They are TOO similar and inevitably lead to you saying one when really, you are trying to say the other. It boils my tripe, that one does! Boils my tripe. 'Have you got the cable for the i-pad......i-POD, love?' One hundred thousand billion gaZILlion times a day that's heard in our house and it makes me want to earn so much money that I can buy Apple just so I can stop production of one of them and remove it from history.

And relaxxxx......

It must have been an admin day..

As once again, why oh why can't the date be in the same place, on each and every receipt??

I don't mind - top right - bottom left - slap bang in the middle if you must..

But honestly, the absolute minutes, of my one precious life that I've wasted looking for the pigging date on those things..

There should be a public enquiry into this sort of thing... :sad:

iandg

Legendary Member
A fresh toilet roll, picking the first sheet from its glued down state. Drives me f'ing insane....

one sheet left on the roll

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My Stepson's given name is Zander. It's not short for anything, but we had some people trying to call him Alexander. It's as bad as when I had a JW knock on my door, and ask for my wife, and I told her that we weren't married. In the next sentence she said she'd come back when my wife was in. Annoying people

oldwheels

Legendary Member
People who publish articles but do not know any geography and “ Scotland “ is just some little place up there somewhere. Just found on a Facebook page a recommended cycle route round Loch Leven which is in Kinross near the east coast. This is accompanied by a photo of Loch Leven in the West Highlands. This kind of thing is by no means an isolated incident and betrays a complete disregard for any semblance of accuracy.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I went into the local Tesco tonight. As i was at the checkout till, the person on the till was distracted by a colleague who started to chat to him about mundane things. Instead of the lad on the checkout 'checking out' and then talking,he said about 5 sentences to every item he put through the till. I found this very damned rude! The colleague who caused the distraction is well known for gawping at his phone while supposedly working and looking like he just doesn't want to be there. I'd mention it to his manager,but he looks a dick as well!:angry:

Last edited:
I went into the local Tesco tonight. As i was at the checkout till, the person on the till was distracted by a colleague who started to chat to him about mundane things. Instead of the lad on the checkout 'checking out' and then talking,he said about 5 sentences to every item he put through the till. I found this very damned rude! The colleague who caused the distraction is well known for gawping at his phone while supposedly working and looking like he just doesn't want to be there. I'd mention it to his manager,but he looks a dick as well!:angry:

I’ll bite at this. The Aldi staff with their earpieces are the worst for this, charting on their earpiece while scanning your stuff, they just randomly start talking and you think they are talking to you!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
If you are going to write a book about your "adventurous" cycle trip at least try to get the terrain and place names correct. It is Bettyhill not Betty Hill and the hill you claim to have climbed does not exist. How can we believe anything else in the book?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I’ll bite at this. The Aldi staff with their earpieces are the worst for this, charting on their earpiece while scanning your stuff, they just randomly start talking and you think they are talking to you!
I haven't seen Aldi staff do that,but the younger Tesco till staff seem to be either gibbering away on those earpieces,or gawping at their phones.:thumbsdown:

Are these headphone/earpieces actually supplied by the supermarkets,or do the staff bring their own in to work?🤔

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Old people who should long ago have given up their driving licence/car.

A simple re-test every five years or so for everyone would weed out all the bad ones.
Yes,doddery oldies are a slight problem,but nowhere near as much a problem as the teens/20's/30's/40's,even 50 plus year old boy racers! More and more of these self-gratification artists are at it. They seem to have trebled in numbers since the lockdown began in March. 😒

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Cars that don`t F*rking indicate!!!

I always think back to my window cleaning days when i'd be trying to cross a road with my heavy ladder and bucket and the car i was expecting to drive past me,instead pulled in before reaching me without indicating to do so. 'Why the feck didn't you indicate,so i could've crossed the road you @#~!', i always thought.:ninja:

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
First world problem I just had today... wanted to go out to celebrate our wedding anniversary this weekend. I've been looking for "finer dining" restaurants that a.) allow dining outside, and b.) cater for our food choices -my wife being an omnivore and me being a vegetarian.

So, a trivial thing that annoys me: so many restaurants here have a single vegetarian option of "pasta and vegetables"... I really can't imagine there's a less imaginative or less challenging dish (I know, I know, you could argue that they have a single vegetarian dish is something that should make me grateful).

Made all the worse when it usually includes summer squash (aka courgettes) which I don't care for! I've got to just calling this "Lazy Man's Vegetarian dish". Uggh, a trivial thing that really annoys me!

Top Bottom