Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
The ever increasing use of the word 'around' instead of 'about'. Why are people afraid to be specific?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
When people say the word "schedule" with a hard "c". Find myself, totally irrationally, shouting at the radio, or rolling my eyes etc., etc.
Also, the word is r'search, not ree-search.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
The bin men collected garden waste today. They picked up my bag, then the neighbour's bag, emptied them and then threw both bags into my neighbour's garden. It really annoys me, they throw the bins back wherever they want, I've lost 2 bags and 1 bin this way. Does it not occur to them that if bags get lost/stolen or taken by accident then the old owner needs to order another one which comes out of the council budget?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The bin men collected garden waste today. They picked up my bag, then the neighbour's bag, emptied them and then threw both bags into my neighbour's garden. It really annoys me, they throw the bins back wherever they want, I've lost 2 bags and 1 bin this way. Does it not occur to them that if bags get lost/stolen or taken by accident then the old owner needs to order another one which comes out of the council budget?
I've lost a few recycling bags and boxes here, probably for the same reason.

Many years ago, before Calderdale council had organised household recycling collections, I used to take bags of glass, paper, tins etc. down to big recycling containers in a car park in Hebden Bridge. One time I got there just as a big truck was collecting the waste. The operatives were using a hoist to empty the containers into the back of the truck. I shouted at them to stop because they were mixing up all the carefully separated materials. One man laughed and said "You don't think that we actually recycle this stuff, do you?" That was pretty annoying (and shocking)!

byegad

Legendary Member
Sit coms, of a particular sort.
The ones where perfectly 'nice people' are repeatedly put upon by someone who is immune to the chaos and inconvenience they put the 'nice people' through, and said 'nice people' don't just turn around and tell them to beggar off. The nuisances have little or no right to their being pandered to yet week after week they create chaos while the 'nice people' put up with the shoot they cause.
There must be dozens of radio sitcoms and several tv ones on this theme. Grrr!

classic33

Leg End Member
I've lost a few recycling bags and boxes here, probably for the same reason.

Many years ago, before Calderdale council had organised household recycling collections, I used to take bags of glass, paper, tins etc. down to big recycling containers in a car park in Hebden Bridge. One time I got there just as a big truck was collecting the waste. The operatives were using a hoist to empty the containers into the back of the truck. I shouted at them to stop because they were mixing up all the carefully separated materials. One man laughed and said "You don't think that we actually recycle this stuff, do you?" That was pretty annoying (and shocking)!
Local council charged for replacements the white nylon bag, £7. Wheelie Bin £50.

2008 when they started "recycling" here. They incinerate enough recycled items to cover a football pitch over 6 inches deep in ash every year. That's nearly nine foot of ash since they started!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
2008 when they started "recycling" here. They incinerate enough recycled items to cover a football pitch over 6 inches deep in ash every year. That's nearly nine foot of ash since they started!
:wacko:

Chris S

Legendary Member
Duplicate ads on Gumtree (etc). If people want to raise their 'most recent first' rating then they should at least delete the original ad.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Local council charged for replacements the white nylon bag, £7. Wheelie Bin £50.

But are they using the waste to power turbines? A lot of our waste goes to be burnt to make electricity.

Top Bottom