Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
But are they using the waste to power turbines? A lot of our waste goes to be burnt to make electricity.
Not as far as I'm aware. Council insist that the separated materials are all recycled.

If it was going for incineration to provide electric, why the splitting of materials at source. It's all loaded into the same wagon for removal from the tips.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
People who are late
Or early...!

A mate of mine used to be hammering on my door up to 20-25 minutes before we were due to set off on our rides. I got fed up with it and told him to arrive within +/- 5 minutes of the nominal time. Not exactly difficult to judge, given that he lived only 200 metres away from me.

ColinJ

Men who don't shave daily...
I have never shaved daily and don't see why a random group of people with their arbitrary rules should be able to have a say in when I do! I let my whiskers grow until they start to irritate me and then I shave them off and the process starts again.

Do you suggest that men should shave their heads every day, and if not, why not? And should women be made to grow their hair?! :whistle:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Do you suggest that men should shave their heads every day, and if not, why not?
There's a difference between head and facial hair. :okay:

I actually posted the message when sat in my local park. What inspired me was seeing a bloke with two of those bug eyed,big eared French Bulldogs,that i see more as fashion accessories rather than pets. He had scruffy facial hair and was wearing a grey marl 'chav' hoodie.:headshake:

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Or early...!

A mate of mine used to be hammering on my door up to 20-25 minutes before we were due to set off on our rides. I got fed up with it and told him to arrive within +/- 5 minutes of the nominal time. Not exactly difficult to judge, given that he lived only 200 metres away from me.

That as well. Had it when having fish and chips with wife. Told them to go away and Don’t come back till for 30 mins.

ColinJ

There's a difference between head and facial hair. :okay:

I actually posted the message when sat in my local park. What inspired me was seeing a bloke with two of those bug eyed,big eared French Bulldogs,that i see more as fashion accessories rather than pets. He had scruffy facial hair and was wearing a grey marl 'chav' hoodie.:headshake:
There was a 15 year old lad at school who would arrive clean-shaven at 08:30, but would have '5 o'clock shadow' by noon and distinct whiskers by the time school finished. Presumably, he should have been shaving between lessons! :laugh:

(He must have had ridiculous levels of testosterone! :eek:)

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
There was a 15 year old lad at school who would arrive clean-shaven at 08:30, but would have '5 o'clock shadow' by noon and distinct whiskers by the time school finished. Presumably, he should have been shaving between lessons! :laugh:

(He must have had ridiculous levels of testosterone! :eek:)
In "The Real Leigh Griffiths Blog", the footballer at the heart of it joins Dundee FC and goes to Dens Park for his first training session. Jocky Scott (the manager) arrives by rocket backpack to conduct the session. Gary Harkins, the famously hirsute midfielder, is sat by the pitch stripped to the waist being continually shaved by two barbers and the clippings stuffed into Tesco carrier bags which are tied then used as "balls" by the other players. At the end of training, Jocky Scott jumps into a huge cannon and is fired in the direction of Tannadice with the cry of " 'mon then " as he flies through the air.

Sorry, your observation brought it all back. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
That drinking beer when camping means you’ll need to get out a warm sleeping bag and tent to go for pee overnight. That’ll it’ll be raining when you do. That you’re partner will suddenly wake up, and also want to go, no matter how quiet you are. Meaning you need to walk all the way to the toilet block rather than a discrete pee on the nearest tree.

Top Bottom