Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My jug. Like most jugs it dribbles down the side. Not badly, but every time, if it's more than about half full. But crucially, it's not quite bad enough to make me remember/bother to replace it. It's probably been annoying me for upwards of a decade now.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
People who say somethink and everythink for something and everything. I heard John Parrot said everythink during the world snooker championship on the BBC recently, standards there really are slipping.
Yeah - thinks aint wot they used to be! :laugh:

My jug. Like most jugs it dribbles down the side. Not badly, but every time, if it's more than about half full. But crucially, it's not quite bad enough to make me remember/bother to replace it. It's probably been annoying me for upwards of a decade now.
My kettle was really bad for doing that, and (of course) the water that it dribbled was boiling, so I took action to remedy it before I scalded myself! It turned out that the design was really stupid. The designer had put a mesh filter in the spout, presumably for people who live in hard water areas, to stop limescale getting out. It just messed up the water flow. I live in a soft water area anyway, so I binned the filter but that only half fixed the problem. There was still a big plastic flange in the way so I took a pair of cutters, hacked away at it, and removed it. The problem is reduced by over 90% and most of the time now I don't get any dribbles from the spout at all, really only if I try to pour too quickly.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
The media using fahrenheit to make temperatures seem more extreme.

Indeed.... "38 in Doha on Saturday, that's over a hundred degrees Fahrenheit"! As if that's meant anything since 1978. Or in 'Murica. We understand 38 thanks, we've had Celsius for oh, half a century now, so just use that.

But then I'm annoyed by that little internal language of the weather presenter anyway, it's like they have a book of stock phrases designed to ensure they're all speaking like a weather presenter. So they'll always, without fail, describe any frosty night as having "a touch of frost". It's never a heavy frost. Or a light frost. Never simply a frosty night, it's always a touch of frost.... you'll clearly look like a rank amateur if you don't say the David Jason detective description.
See also "spits and spots" for what the unqualified would call very light rain, and "sultry" to describe warm. Dicks.

<top rantage snipped>
See also "spits and spots" for what the unqualified would call very light rain, and "sultry" to describe warm. Dicks.
(I love your one-word final summary here.)

My bugbear about warm/sultry is when they tell me "you may have trouble sleeping" <slight frowny face>
pi55 off! How do you know?? Just tell me the temperature, and whether it's humid. I might be in a feckin 5* hotel with Air-con. Or I might be awake all-night thinking about the weather bimbo. It's none of their business.

Stick to the facts.

byegad

Legendary Member
People who say 'very unique', or slightly or whatever.

Unique means a one off, there is no other of this item/quality.

So it can't be very unique, or slightly unique, or anything but unique. Otherwise it may be rare, very rare, or somewhat rare. But not unique!

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I took the pic' below on the 4th of March this year in the Accrington Job Centre gents toilets,in the hope that one day i'd be able to post pics on CC to let the whole world know of such ( In my opinion) poor grammar. Now that i can i just have to get it off my chest,after six long months!:smile: Surely it should read 'please be aware of the possibility of discarded needles'. Not please be aware of possibly discarded needles?🤔

1599789029573.png

Edit...and then there's the 'Customer notice' bit. Surely people who use the job centre are clients,not customers? You aren't buying a job,which is what 'customers' do.🤔

Last edited:
Top Bottom