Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not really annoyed more intrigued. I've just heard someone on the local radio phone in say 'good evening' before his comment. It's 12.32 am as i post,so it's not evening it's night time. Yet if the caller had said 'good night' that'd be taken as a departing of the ways,rather than a greeting. If you say good morning,good afternoon or good evening to someone,it's a greeting,so why is 'good night' not seen as a greeting?🤔

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Not really annoyed more intrigued. I've just heard someone on the local radio phone in say 'good evening' before his comment. It's 12.32 am as i post,so it's not evening it's night time. Yet if the caller had said 'good night' that'd be taken as a departing of the ways,rather than a greeting. If you say good morning,good afternoon or good evening to someone,it's a greeting,so why is 'good night' not a greeting?🤔
"Good morning, Good afternoon, or Good evening. These are formal ways of saying “hello”, which change depending on the time of day. Keep in mind that “good night” is only used to say “good bye”, so if you meet someone late in the day, remember to greet them with “good evening”, rather than “good night”."

When selling something on Facebook market place people who agree to buy something and then agree to come to collect in the evening or following evening and then just don’t bother and ghost you.

My Skoda is still for sale and I have had a few people ask to come view; I say yes, sure when would you like to come and then they stop messaging. Usually after they have asked about service history, work done, time owned, features etc. Why bloody ask if you have no intention of been a serious buyer! Darn virtual tyre kickers!!!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Charger plugs - the 13 amp one - with the cable at the top rather than the usual place. Very untidy and annoying!

Gunk

Guru
Charger plugs - the 13 amp one - with the cable at the top rather than the usual place. Very untidy and annoying!

We don’t have those anymore I fitted USB plugs in every room. Gets rid of all the charging plugs

85B0469D-1CDB-4C61-BC92-9A8D5EB38D56.jpeg

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
When selling something on Facebook market place people who agree to buy something and then agree to come to collect in the evening or following evening and then just don’t bother and ghost you.

My Skoda is still for sale and I have had a few people ask to come view; I say yes, sure when would you like to come and then they stop messaging. Usually after they have asked about service history, work done, time owned, features etc. Why bloody ask if you have no intention of been a serious buyer! Darn virtual tyre kickers!!!
I'm sick of this too. Sadly even if I'm giving something away for free, I've often thought why risk the hassle, it's easier going to the tip. There has been a massive drop in social etiquette i think

Profpointy

Legendary Member

That's usually quite a good arrangement since the plug is at floor level but the phone is on your bedside table, ergo the cable is coming up.

Top Bottom