Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
The sockets are still well below bedside table or desk level though surely? I've not seen sockets 3 foot up the wall in normal houses
You don't have to charge phones or other equipment on bedside tables! (We don't actually have such items - our beds are very low, in effect not much higher than mattress on the floor.) Tend to recharge phones on the kitchen worktops, and the plugs I'm complaining about are a PITA, USB wall sockets are the obvious solution.

youngoldbloke

- wouldn't solve the issue of the BT and other plugs with built in transformers, however.

Drago

Legendary Member
You don't have to charge phones or other equipment on bedside tables! (We don't actually have such items - our beds are very low, in effect not much higher than mattress on the floor.) Tend to recharge phones on the kitchen worktops, and the plugs I'm complaining about are a PITA, USB wall sockets are the obvious solution.
Get a proper phone that needs charging every 3 or 4 weeks and this becomes a complete non event. I usually plug mine in the kitchen while doing the housework, and by the time im finished its charged for another month.

Cycling plus and their pointless articles. Was tempted by the £5 for 5 issues offer but can see on the cover 10 rules for cycling to work is a feature and best bike lights for £100 Is another, in other word between £80 and £100.

There are no rules other than the Highway Code and road laws to abide by. Ride with a pannier, ride with a rucksack, ride fast or ride slow - do whatever works for you!

In the lights review anything over £40 will give a decent light to see and be seen by and the winner/recommended product will be the one most sponsored.

The sockets are still well below bedside table or desk level though surely? I've not seen sockets 3 foot up the wall in normal houses
I lived in a DC (Development Corporation) house in Peterborough, back in the late 70s where all the powerpoints and light switches were 3 feet up from the floor. Some idea about making them more "accessible" I believe

youngoldbloke

I lived in a DC (Development Corporation) house in Peterborough, back in the late 70s where all the powerpoints and light switches were 3 feet up from the floor. Some idea about making them more "accessible" I believe
Generally accepted that under current regs (part M) sockets should be a minimum of 450mm above floor level (in a new build)

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Generally accepted that under current regs (part M) sockets should be a minimum of 450mm above floor level (in a new build)

That would be annoyingly high for most of us. I get having them at desk height, and floor height but in-between seems silly. I even get that old folks might struggle to bend down, but mid-height seems to create a quite high risk of trip hazzard

youngoldbloke

That would be annoyingly high for most of us. I get having them at desk height, and floor height but in-between seems silly. I even get that old folks might struggle to bend down, but mid-height seems to create a quite high risk of trip hazzard
Just moved into a new build and they are all at that height. In previous house, extension built 2012 same applied - no hassle, but as for those plugs with the cable coming out of the top ..... :sad:

youngoldbloke

Router and other cables miles long, so you end up with a tangle of black cable collecting dust.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Look at these,taken at 3pm today!! The whole fecking pavement taken up by this twat mobile!! :ninja: :cursing: :headshake:

I would've gobbed on the thing,or even chucked some dog shoot on it,but we have to be wary of onboard cctv these days.:angry:

1602693258373.png

1602693419407.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom