Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Daily Express fear based click bait on my start up page

I hear you, and then people assuming I'm in danger/shouldn't do something or Germany is on fire because they've read fear based clickbait.

Windle

Über Member
Daily Express fear based click bait on my start up page

I fully agree too, some of the stuff you see is shocking, utter scaremongering bowlocks, it must mess with the heads of those of a sensitive disposition. No wonder society suffers from mental health problems.
And don't get me started on bloody soaps, the wife watches them not me, but I can't help but notice the constant stream of dysfunctional behaviour and sensationalist tripe they spout. I've said many a time ~ just think if these programmes were full of positive, cheerful stuff instead, how much that would improve the general mood and well being of the viewers and society in general.

Last edited:
And don't get me started on bloody soaps, the wife watches them not me, but I can't help but notice the constant stream of dysfunctional behaviour and sensationalist tripe they spout. I've said many a time ~ just think if these programmes were full of positive, cheerful stuff instead, how much that would improve the general mood and well being of the viewers and society in general.

Archers FM ?

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I fully agree too, some of the stuff you see is shocking, utter scaremongering bowlocks, it must mess with the heads of those of a sensitive disposition. No wonder society suffers from mental health problems.

Soaps are just heroin for the masses. I see they're moaning that Coronation St isn't being 'realistic' now?. Eh?...soaps are mass produced dramas mainly driven by endless conflict between the characters. Why do people think they're referred to as operas?...some actual operas are tragedies and soaps are never-ending tabloid-gossip mini-tragedies with the characters in perpetual conflict. If they reflected real life they'd be so boring, no-one would watch them. If you watch DeadEnders, the characters always are having arguments often within 30 seconds of entering a scene. Plus they went on a boating trip down the Thames....what possibly could happen?. A work colleague who once said it was their favourite show, thinks its rubbish now. I knew that in 1985....

Chris S

Legendary Member
Facebook posting items about Birmingham Alabama on my page instead of Birmingham UK.

Windle

Über Member
The council ~ vacuuming the road gullies out at half seven this morning, it doesn't bother me as I'm already up by then but I'm sure they're not supposed to start that early. More annoying is the fact that they'll only be doing it because the gullies are full of road chippings, not swept up properly when they surface dressed the (not too bad) road through our village last year. The bloody things are everywhere and the constant rain of late has left piles of them in various places on the road like chipping 'sandbanks'. Ironically the ones that weren't swept up are now being joined by their mates who've already decided to part company with the road surface in numerous locations giving the road a quirky Paris- Roubaix vibe :cursing:.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Just taken this photo in Lidl.
Pricing is all over the place.
£2.99 reduced to £4.99.
IMG_5072.jpeg

Top Bottom