Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Tonight marked the end of Ramadan. It's now 2:30am and the locals have only just stopped revving their car engines and sounding their horns.

Chris S

Legendary Member
You need to understand that these traditions go back thousands of years.

The revving of car engines?

An Iranian colleague told me that the original idea of Ramadan was to go without your midday meal and then to give the food to somebody who didn't have any. There was nothing about feasting after sunset or wild celebrations when it was all over.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
PDF files with faulty signatures. I have to read specification's to prepare quotes. Why do about 15 people need to sign these things and there's always that one thats faulty.....?

People who like to use yellow to for measurements on colour PDF drawings....black is perfectly readable.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The revving of car engines?

An Iranian colleague told me that the original idea of Ramadan was to go without your midday meal and then to give the food to somebody who didn't have any. There was nothing about feasting after sunset or wild celebrations when it was all over.

I’m fairly sure that Christmas wasn’t about Santa and Easter wasn’t about chocolate eggs.
But things change.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Not even wild firing of Kalashnikovs into the sky?

I think Islam predated Kalashnikovs by about 1500 years.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
This is very trivial and of no consequence at all really, and the fact it has happened does not annoy me but the fact I don't know why it has happened does. I have used the same avatar as I use here on another forum I frequent and on that forum, when I uploaded it, it centralised the point of light, on here it offset it to the right, I don't know why and that annoys me.
Actually, having typed all that I would say it intrigues me how and why that happened rather than annoys me, so, as you were.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
This is very trivial and of no consequence at all really, and the fact it has happened does not annoy me but the fact I don't know why it has happened does. I have used the same avatar as I use here on another forum I frequent and on that forum, when I uploaded it, it centralised the point of light, on here it offset it to the right, I don't know why and that annoys me.
Actually, having typed all that I would say it intrigues me how and why that happened rather than annoys me, so, as you were.
Could you upload the original image to a post below?

I have a theory about how the image is processed in each case...

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Sorry Colin, I can't, just had a look and it's not on the computer I'm on now. I found the original image on my ipad but I can't post on cycle chat from that anymore for some reason. I tried to email it to myself from the iPad, but mail no longer works on it either. All I can say it would have been something I found on google images and on the original image the point of light is central.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 KB · Views: 5

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Oh! Have no idea how that happened*. Anyway, that appears to be the original image. Or at least a square version of it, the original I have saved on my iPad is rectangular, i.e. wider than that in the in post above.

*I tried to send the image from my iPad but couldn't, then when I clicked send on my laptop it appeared.

Computers are a total mystery to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom