Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
When out walking/limping yesterday i heard the not too often heard sound of a bicycle bell. The cyclist when passing from behind recognised me and stopped for a chat. He was riding a 'selfie Christmas present',Dawes audax/tourer bike,in traditional dark green.....and nice looking disc brakes as well. He said we should meet up again and gave me his number. The trivial but annoying bit is that i didn't take a photo of his beautiful brand new Dawes when i had my phone in my hand!

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I fancied some 'Extra Special' sausages on the 'reduced by' shelf in a local supermarket last night. On close inspection i noticed a gluten free sign on the packet,probably less than one inch square. They should make the gluten free and vegan stuff products more easily identifiable! I don't want that stuff being sneakily forced onto me! 🧐

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I fancied some 'Extra Special' sausages on the 'reduced by' shelf in a local supermarket last night. On close inspection i noticed a gluten free sign on the packet,probably less than one inch square. They should make the gluten free and vegan stuff products more easily identifiable! I don't want that stuff being sneakily forced onto me! 🧐

It's true, Accy, you need to really be on your guard for this gluten-free stuff so I've made a quick list of the things they'll sell you in the supermarket without even telling you they're gluten-free!

milk
cheese
butter
meat
fish
potatoes
rice
noodles
beans
nuts
seeds
tea
coffee
lettuce
cauliflower
cabbage
leeks
onions
mushrooms
tomatoes
turnip
watercress
celery
broccoli
brussel sprouts
porridge oats
carrots
coconuts

Don't let them fool you into buying any of the above!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Tesco will even sell you gluten free bags for life!

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I'm getting quite annoyed (and obviously older) with some youtube videos.... My son is looking at universities, and I've searched for quite a few videos about particular universities he's interested in. I figure it's good to see some videos to try to get a flavour of the place. However, invariably what comes up is:

-a young woman (oh boy I'm getting old) who usually has too much make up on.
-who spends at least half the time looking at the camera posing and pouting.
-seems to think a viewer would have immense interest in how she prepares for a night out, who her best friend is seeing, or how to put on makeup
-or just spouts vacuous drivel.
-the video is entirely based in the four walls of a dorm room. No, you don't get to the see the campus.
-a misnamed video. For example, "A day at the University of Camberwick Green". Noooo, it's a video of you posing and pouting at the camera explaining how to put make up on for a night out and who your best friend is seeing. For the e n t i r e t y of the video. Please at least be accurate and call it "Me putting on makeup and posing and spouting vacuous drivel please"

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Gluten free sausages are the best sausages. It means they aren’t packed out with cheap carbs to bulk them out. They are mainly just stuffed with meat.

My wife is Coeliac. It isn’t a life style choice it’s a life long illness that makes buying food very tricky. The bigger the sticker the better in my opinion.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Gluten free sausages are the best sausages. It means they aren’t packed out with cheap carbs to bulk them out. They are mainly just stuffed with meat.

My wife is Coeliac. It isn’t a life style choice it’s a life long illness that makes buying food very tricky. The bigger the sticker the better in my opinion.

My brother-in-law is a Coeliac. At various family “functions” I have noticed he usually has to have a “special” meal, to suit his condition. Invariably, they look much more appetising than the “standard” fare ;)

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I'm getting quite annoyed (and obviously older) with some youtube videos.... My son is looking at universities, and I've searched for quite a few videos about particular universities he's interested in. I figure it's good to see some videos to try to get a flavour of the place. However, invariably what comes up is:

-a young woman (oh boy I'm getting old) who usually has too much make up on.
-who spends at least half the time looking at the camera posing and pouting.
-seems to think a viewer would have immense interest in how she prepares for a night out, who her best friend is seeing, or how to put on makeup
-or just spouts vacuous drivel.
-the video is entirely based in the four walls of a dorm room. No, you don't get to the see the campus.
-a misnamed video. For example, "A day at the University of Camberwick Green". Noooo, it's a video of you posing and pouting at the camera explaining how to put make up on for a night out and who your best friend is seeing. For the e n t i r e t y of the video. Please at least be accurate and call it "Me putting on makeup and posing and spouting vacuous drivel please"

When I was at Ag college back in the Triassic period.

Being one of the rather few females in attendance, I'd often be asked to go out on a photo shoot for the prospectus.

If you'd taken it at face value, you'd assume that I was studying for about six different courses concurrently.

I did get a short sailing trip out of it though - that was fun.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
When I was at Ag college back in the Triassic period.

Being one of the rather few females in attendance, I'd often be asked to go out on a photo shoot for the prospectus.

If you'd taken it at face value, you'd assume that I was studying for about six different courses concurrently.

I did get a short sailing trip out of it though - that was fun.

A friend of mine was studying at university and when they were doing the new prospectus they borrowed some of the prettier students from the geology dept to be photographed for the pages showing the engineering dept. Apparently there weren't enough girls actually doing engineering to portray the inclusive image wanted, or even the girls who were doing engineering weren't photogenic enough. I guess encouraging women to consider traditionally male-dominated professions is "a good thing" and yet, something did seem a bit wrong about the approach too.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
A friend of mine was studying at university and when they were doing the new prospectus they borrowed some of the prettier students from the geology dept to be photographed for the pages showing the engineering dept. Apparently there weren't enough girls actually doing engineering to portray the inclusive image wanted, or even the girls who were doing engineering weren't photogenic enough. I guess encouraging women to consider traditionally male-dominated professions is "a good thing" and yet, something did seem a bit wrong about the approach too.

Certainly if students are being selected on 'looks' yes.

We do still however have a bit of a problem with attracting women into STEM subjects though.

And I think, as with all these things, it's much easier to be it, if you see it.

More women are coming into agriculture now, at last, but it's taken a long time.

Top Bottom